Ripples

Four_N_Six

So I've seen plenty of information on my new Gremlin stuff.  I've seen a bit on the Will o' Wisps for us, but nothing on our spider (Bandersnatch, I hear?) or the undead wolf/bear things.  Don't need a ton of information, just curious what the beasts are, if anyone has anything.  My curiosity won't let me wait for my Gencon order.

43 minutes ago, Rathnard said:

As for upgrades, there's only one I want to talk about and that's Iggy's. Enraged Tantrum is perfectly named, because that was my exact reaction when I learnt about it. Honestly people. Iggy was already balls-out amazing, and it boggles my mind that so many  considered him weak enough to warrant a new upgrade. As for what it does, the details are irrelevant. It basically encourages people to play Iggy wrong. So yeah, take it if you want. It's apparently what everyone asked for. :/

This a million times over..... 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bengt said:

What station does the Bandersnatch have?

Minion, also it's a nightmare so dreamer can summon it. If it buries (enters someone) and hits someone else, they get a return attack, so can enter your own guys, or the opponent's cause them to hit themselves.

How reliant on the bury thing is the Bandersnatch to be effective? Will it be a lame duck if your opponent happened to take Aianus (I can never remember how to spell his name, the beard muppet on the clock)?

Is there a lot (or any) interactions with the Fae characteristic? It's not present in any of Titania's talents on her stat card...

I'll probably not be taking the new upgrade very often since Depression is a thing in non-Voices Pandora crews.  That said, I can see why the public insisted upon an upgrade for him.

Iggy's mighty 1-2 Burning per AP is extremely situational and most times can safely be ignored.  Yes, Incite can be situationally fantastic, particularly if you're in a Misery-stacking crew or have multiple applications of Incite so you can really control the opponent's activation.  Most times, a single Mood Swings is a bit annoying but not that bothersome.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eclipse said:

Why the hell did they give Iggy a 'fix upgrade'? He never needed fixing in the first place, he was perfectly fluffy and playable as is. Was this due to another stupid less then well thought out by players vote?

I do remember a player vote going in a direction I didn't totally agree with, but personal opinions and play styles, whatever. Who cares if the sorrows didn't get a boost? At least Iggy did

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Four_N_Six said:

I do remember a player vote going in a direction I didn't totally agree with, but personal opinions and play styles, whatever. Who cares if the sorrows didn't get a boost? At least Iggy did

If the Sorrows had been boosted I would've danced nak*d in the woods. Well, not really. But I would've wanted to.

• Like 1

I think Sorrows needed it far more than Iggy did. I am happy that Lelu got an upgrade as he really was never used outside of a dreamer summoning crew. I don't think it went too far and balances him nicely with his sister. I look forward to trying him out.

13 hours ago, Kirby said:

Most times, a single Mood Swings is a bit annoying but not that bothersome.  

Oh man. You have no idea. :D

If you put Mood Swing on an unimportant model who's already activated then you can force that model to activate first in the next turn. It basically guarantees that you'll win initative where it counts. Hell, people spend more on the doppelganger to do the same thing. 

As for sorrows, i don't see why people dislike them so much. They can throw out paralyze, and in a crew full of Wp-based duels they'll massively ramp up the damage output. You don't have to take three, but even 1-2 have a place. 

For what it's worth, Sorrows are great in a crew like Titania's.  ;)

• Like 4

On 8/8/2016 at 4:03 AM, Bengt said:

How reliant on the bury thing is the Bandersnatch to be effective? Will it be a lame duck if your opponent happened to take Aianus (I can never remember how to spell his name, the beard muppet on the clock)?

I'd say "fairly to moderately". It's not an expensive model though, mind you. The thing is amazingly fun looking: can't wait to get it on the table....And then off the table.... hehehe. 

15 minutes ago, Rathnard said:

If you put Mood Swing on an unimportant model who's already activated then you can force that model to activate first in the next turn. It basically guarantees that you'll win initative where it counts. Hell, people spend more on the doppelganger to do the same thing. 

Yeah this is really overlooked. Plus Iggy is amazing at countering Frame for Murder. Oh that obvious F4M target? Yeah... Burning 6. 

54 minutes ago, Twg said:

I think Sorrows needed it far more than Iggy did. I am happy that Lelu got an upgrade as he really was never used outside of a dreamer summoning crew. I don't think it went too far and balances him nicely with his sister. I look forward to trying him out.

Neither sorrows or Iggy need any upgrade, I mean sorrows do have one called depression. I feel both models require a little more finesse to get the most out of the models that many seem willing to do,  And with the amount of wp duels a fae crew can generate, I believe as more grasp how they work and get the most out of them without getting them removed easily. You will see more and more on the table more often 

The bandersnatch is a ton of fun,  the more you think outside of the box with it the more use you will get,  I mean the shenanigans with a bandersnatch and 2 rogarou making the most our of thier pounce,  Or from a game I had against Misaki, where it jumped inside Misaki, attacked Yamaziko, who thought Misaki attacked her and hit Misaki back killing her... Priceless. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Rathnard said:

Let's be fair, it's not like cheating initiative is the only thing a Doppelganger gives you. :D 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rathnard said:

Ask a Guild player what they think of you putting Mood Swing on Francisco when there's nobody within 3" of him.  Try not to ask while you're within arms reach.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, FlippingWeak said:

Where can I see the Neverborn line up? So I can see the awesome models you guys are discussing!!! ?

Here ya go :)2560x1440_M2E_ripplesoffate_neverborn.pn

There's also a Malifaux musing for the Neverborn though I can't remember the link. Sorta glanced over it, but apparently only the will-o-wisps (glowy bum skull fairies) aren't fae

• Like 1

I am happy to take any unwanted grizzled prospectors people might end up with. I get what they were going for- it hides in people's shadows, so the model ought to show that/tell a story. I kind of like it, but on the other hand I know I really dislike the Wendigo model because it kind of breaks up the visual theme of the rest of the crew.