GENCON

SurreyLee

So, we are a little over two weeks from Gencon and I am trying to determine whether to change all my free cash into Euro's for my upcoming holiday or whether Wyrd can tease me into placing a Gencon Order this year. I must say, the two ltd model(s) (Miss Fire and Wild Ones) are tempting indeed, but what i really want to know is what is going to be on release from book 4......Also, what are the freebies.....(if any. it's great how you actually do them)

Come on Wyrd, you no we are not the most patient of types...8)

Is there any chance of reveals of the back of the masters cards to get an idea of how they play?  This is the first time were we won't  know what a crew does. I will admit I'm buying at least two no matter, I'm on the fence of the third. Usually wyrd is open about these,not sure if I'm being spoiled or if I'm just a product of the secretive Games Workshop method.

Actually, this isn't the first time. It's the first time in M2E, sure, because up until this book all crews were open tested, a fact for which I'm actually worried about the power spectrum the new crews will fall on. However for all of 1E we never knew what the crews did. If you can find them you can even go back to podcasts when Twisting Fates was released and there was a lot of controversy about the Avatars being allowed in the tournament that year because of the supposed edge it gave play testers because of their familiarity with the brand new avatar concept.

Besides, even having the back of the card wouldn't tell you enough about the master and how it plays, because you wouldn't have access to the upgrades, or models that were designed with the master in mind. It might give you a little better picture, but not much of one. Consider Jakob Lynch, but ignore any information about the Hungering Darkness or any of his upgrades, would fully seeing his base card give you much more information about how his crew actually plays? You'd need his card, all the cards of models that can interact with him, and all his upgrades to get a sense of actually how he really works. I doubt, given that Wyrd seems to have decided to embrace the secrecy factor that they used to rely on in years past for excitement buying that they are going to give the desired information out before the book releases.

Personally I hope they go back to open testing in the future because as contentious and signal to noise laden it was, I think it did a good job in keeping the power spectrum fairly tight.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2016 at 0:03 PM, Kaptain_Konrad said:

Is there any chance of reveals of the back of the masters cards to get an idea of how they play?  This is the first time were we won't  know what a crew does. I will admit I'm buying at least two no matter, I'm on the fence of the third. Usually wyrd is open about these,not sure if I'm being spoiled or if I'm just a product of the secretive Games Workshop method.

I would go take a look at the Malifaux faction pages, they have the back of the new Masters cards posted there. Linky here.

• Like 1