The Executioner tactics

icebreaker

Looks like a fun list Stringer.  You could also do silly stuff by reactivating one mounted guard, might get you the executioner without nimble really far up on turn one.

You'd only have armour 1 on the executioners though. Lead lined coat specifies in the actual ability text that it only gives armour to models that don't have it already. So as soon as they activate their armour from McCabe it deactivates making them pay 2ss for nothing. It's not for nothing that I consider it garbage ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Looks like a fun list Stringer.  You could also do silly stuff by reactivating one mounted guard, might get you the executioner without nimble really far up on turn one.

You'd only have armour 1 on the executioners though. Lead lined coat specifies in the actual ability text that it only gives armour to models that don't have it already. So as soon as they activate their armour from McCabe it deactivates making them pay 2ss for nothing. It's not for nothing that I consider it garbage ;) 

Guild General Upgrades strike again! :D

• Like 1

Huh, i thought it was that it couldnt be put on models with armor.  Damn, foiled again.  For LLC, I think the executioner is the only place I like it.   Time to get his heal off makes a big difference in his survivability.   With the shirt though, it is clearly less needed. 

I assume the restrictions are to keep pale rider and peacekeeper from using it.  Granted, no such restriction  lies on any other factions general upgrade, but its still a factor.

Pale Rider can use it. It doesn`t have armor, but a defensive trigger.

Peacekeeper can have armour +3 with Hoff crew. It could go bonker with +4 but I don`t really think theres that much of a difference between 3 and 4 ;). A simple cap for +2 could do.

Guild general upgrades are carefully engineered to lure you in, get you thinking about cool combos and then reveal themselves as utterly useless. ;)

An executioner with armour is more expensive than Joss. Compare those two profiles mor a moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, icebreaker said:

The idea about Lucas + executioners + mout guard good as for me. But Lucas with out Sidir is wery sad crew)

Wut?! I never take Sidir. Just put promises on McCabe himself, there are better henchmen than Sidir.

I haven't seen mounted guard in play yet so I'm not quite sure what the range is on that executioner delivery system. Strangemetal Shirt off of McCabe is nicer than I expected, though, so hope it works for you to make them resilient.

2 hours ago, trikk said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Theres Dampening Field -Hamelin slayer :D

Not against leaders. :(

8 hours ago, trikk said:

Pale Rider can use it. It doesn`t have armor, but a defensive trigger.

Peacekeeper can have armour +3 with Hoff crew. It could go bonker with +4 but I don`t really think theres that much of a difference between 3 and 4 ;). A simple cap for +2 could do.

Peacekeeper, Hoff crew, mobile toolkit, +4 armor, sit back with a prevention cache and quietly giggle at neutralize attempts. ^_^

2 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Wut?! I never take Sidir. Just put promises on McCabe himself, there are better henchmen than Sidir.

I do, but not with McCabe. McCabe's crews are fast, he is not. Of late his use has been to cuff some sense into Hoffman when rotten belles are out and about.

"Lucy! We have to stop meeting like this!--"

[By Your Side activates] "Yes. You do." [Laugh Off activates]

(In unrelated news, Seamus' player finally had time recently to go through some of the older lore, and announced with glee that she'd found the original names of the belles. Which led to, on my side, some gulping, blinking, and croaking "...she was actually named Lucy?" :huh:)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

I haven't seen mounted guard in play yet so I'm not quite sure what the range is on that executioner delivery system. Strangemetal Shirt off of McCabe is nicer than I expected, though, so hope it works for you to make them resilient.

Not against leaders. :(

For Auras, yes. For healing - no. So if you kill Hamelin he can`t heal off of stolen ;)

• Like 2