New model releases

Hi there!

The problem of mine that i started this topic is about the new releases of this summer. I think that even if those boxes were already announced, i hope that wyrd considers some modifications. About 2 weeks ago i happened to look at some new malifaux boxes and 3D renders and i wasn't too happy about them. The boxes are the smaller problems, but even some of them look awful, because all i can see is that wyrd had to switch some artist who originally illustrated the book of Shifting Loyalties. The most disturbings are the Wind Gamin and the Sanctioned Spellcaster boxes. Both look like they had one original characters with two extras. The extras look quite the same style, but really differ from the original one.

Still, i really don't care about the boxes compared to my distaste towards some model renders. My greatest disappointment and major motivation even starting this topic is one of the Ice dancers. The figure which was sculpted from the original render picture found in the book mentioned above looks really nice. Slim, elegant and marvelous. However the other one looks like an ICE WRESTLER!!! Seriously, WHY??? That woman is nothing like a gracious ice dancer. Rather she has the phisique of a weight lifter.
Please, Wyrd!!! I beg you!!! Do something about that figure!!!

Now, see, the reason why I disagree with the original poster's opinion is that a few weeks ago I saw a link to Buffyshot on Tumblr.  (It was in reference to lady superhero physiques, honest.)  ^_^

That second ice dancer has a perfectly nice running build.  Serious weight lifting or wrestling would have better upper body definition.  :mellow:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Went looking for comments specifically like this OPs after seeing the Ice Dancer's render for the first time today, and am glad that there seems to only really be this one.  Because obviously there'd be some people of the opinion that while it's fine that the male models can range from buff like Big Jake to slovenly and grotesque like Mortimer, the female models ought to all be lithe, big-breasted comic book-esque fantasies.  

I'm really intrigued as to why Wyrd did give this Ice Dancer sculpt a bit of a heavier physique, because it's something that - given the status quo of female representations in comic books, movies, games etc - would have resulted from a conscious choice on their part.  And good on them - I think it's brilliant (and, as Bengt said, refreshing).  More of that please, Wyrd!

King of Draconis - it's cool if you don't go for bigger chicks.  That's just your deal, and you're not the only one.  Just in regards to a range of body types being portrayed in sculpts, it's not such a problem, is it?  There's still plenty of slim, hot-looking female models in the Wyrd range, so is it such a big deal that you personally don't find one of them particularly alluring that you think Wyrd needs to yank it from the product line and photoshop the render like in a Dove commercial?  ;-)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I really like to see some diversity, but please, show me a real, professional olympic ice skater who has this kind of phisique! There has to be different types of female characters, as there are! Some are short, like Rasputina, some are tall like Misaki, some are slim, just as the first painting of the ice dancer, and busty like Perdita. Some are grotesque, chubby, like Mah Tucket, some are ripped, like the figure of Johanna. All these are fine, even so, excellent! But the ice dancers had to have been slim and gracious. Both.

15 minutes ago, King of Draconis said:

please, show me a real, professional olympic ice skater who has this kind of phisique!

Here you go!

Speed+Skating+Day+7+sYbGx4QUREVl.jpg

And many more!

https://www.google.fi/search?q=olympic+ice+skaters&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj3qMOH7I7PAhXLXSwKHWD-Du4Q_AUICCgB&biw=1920&bih=1116#hl=en&tbm=isch&q=speed+skating+female&imgrc=Q4FPuR-kC1IZzM%3A

• Like 8

The Ice Dancer fluff talks of two kinds of dancers. Some create elaborate dances while others "have perfected their methods for combat, gliding in and out of the fray with grace and speed, cutting throats with shards of ice" which, to me, sounds more like speed skating as opposed to figure skating. So Wyrd made a mini leaning more towards both the things they mentioned in the fluff while, at the same time, providing options for painters and people who enjoy having different body types represented in their minis.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tomjoad said:

This a gross complaint. "Why is there one mini that isn't what I consider to be a hot babe?!" Goodness gracious, dude. Listen to yourself.

Yeah, this is exactly what I thought when I read this.

So then I googled the box art to see what the fuss was about. Now I'm even more blown away.

• Like 2