May 16th - Titania

Lucidicide

The Monday Reveal  

657 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its possible the medusa hair model is actually 10T or Oni related. Crazy prehensile hair is a common enough trait among Yokai and Witches. Futakuchi-Onna maybe? Thats one of the more popular Yokai. It's not an Oni, but being a monster is probably close enough for it to earn that subtype if that is a possibility. Witches in general tend to be portrayed with crazy hair powers in Asia.

• Like 1

I just bought the Nythera Penny Dreadful from driver through RPG, I ran some games of it during the campaign but wanted the full thing. She is there but her card vs TTB do not do a direct cross, TTB Thirsty Roots does not base it on scheme markers.

Also I am hoping her mooks are not the undead blobby thing with insect wings, I would lover it if the matcher her looks and those do not.

1 hour ago, farabaugh100 said:

This isn't fair!  The dirty rezers are summoning undead to stuff the ballot box!

Really you should be blaming the Neverborn players, since they already have their new Master revealed they get to play King Maker and decide who goes next. I suspect some bribery is going on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 7thSquirrel said:

Really you should be blaming the Neverborn players, since they already have their new Master revealed they get to play King Maker and decide who goes next. I suspect some bribery is going on.

No bribery just obeying the Queen, she has a thing for the Gravespirit. A little creepy yes but you know how it is.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, D_acolyte said:

I just bought the Nythera Penny Dreadful from driver through RPG, I ran some games of it during the campaign but wanted the full thing. She is there but her card vs TTB do not do a direct cross, TTB Thirsty Roots does not base it on scheme markers.

Hm. I can't recall scheme markers in TTB. Am I missing something?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, D_acolyte said:

No bribery just obeying the Queen, she has a thing for the Gravespirit. A little creepy yes but you know how it is.

I guess that makes sense, with the Undead thing?  Who even told you to vote Resser, you dirty Neverborn?

20 hours ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

Its possible the medusa hair model is actually 10T or Oni related. Crazy prehensile hair is a common enough trait among Yokai and Witches. Futakuchi-Onna maybe? Thats one of the more popular Yokai. It's not an Oni, but being a monster is probably close enough for it to earn that subtype if that is a possibility. Witches in general tend to be portrayed with crazy hair powers in Asia.

You saying that just makes me think of Inuyasha :P  I guess reading up on that Futakuchi thing though, it's not exactly the same, that demon-thing in Inuyasha seems almost more like a Spider, but I distinctly remember her being powered by her hair.  Oh well, classic anime lulz, although that makes me wonder, because Yan the Penagganal is something I'd practically class into the "Oni" style tree, but I guess I see how they drew her into the "undead" style as well.

Yeah I dunno, a lot of those myth things from "greater Asia" seem like they could fall on any side of the fence for a lot of themes, and the only one in Wyrd's property that strikes me as really "traditional" are the Tengu.  I guess those Jorogumo things are drawn from actual myths though too, but the Obsidian isn't really, I don't think?  Or that Kamaitachi or whatever it's called, is that some magic weasel in Asia?  The answer was yes, although I see no connection between the myth and what we got :P they look like in the myth they are bladed-weasel assassin things.  We just got a three-eyed monster that draws more cards, I feel cheated.

Although to be fair, looking up the Jorogumo, those were suppose to be women as well (The good ol' "Whore Spider", lol).  Really, it seems like a lot of the time the oriental myths just liked to demonize women more than anything.  And, if I'm not mistaken (Probably am :P), most of the non-female related "evil things that go bump in the night" are typically animalistic instead, I'm not sure I know very many straight up "evil male characters".  I guess that some of the historical figures who were extremely prominent have stories of their pacts with evil, or twisted tales of how they rose to power, like some versions of Nobunaga, but it's fairly atypical.

I dunno, you probably know more than I do, I don't live in Japan :P Either way, looks like we'll find out if it's a Gorgon next week, Ressers seem to be keeping this under their thumb for now.

10 hours ago, Redbeard said:

Hm. I can't recall scheme markers in TTB. Am I missing something?

I think what they were saying is that, there is an Ability called Thirsty Roots already in TTB?  Because the front of that card we just got shown had an Ability called that too (Pretty sure, not gonna bother checking), but the one we were given in Malifaux is based on Scheme Markers, and TTB is.. clearly not, because they don't exist (I assume?) in TTB.

If.. that makes sense.  Basically they're just saying you can't read a card in Malifaux and directly apply it to it's effect in TTB, and this new Master Preview exemplifies that.

EDIT:

As an aside, I'm curious about the voting trends, only because I thought Outcast were more popular than they appear on the poll.

I know I voted for my favorite faction, because I always pick them first when prompted, but I am curious the motivations of other people, especially with the "spoiled" art for what we assume is the Gremlin thing.  Is it like a gift someone told you what's inside?  Not as fun to open anymore?  Or are people primarily motivated by their favorite faction ties?

The only reason I bring it up is because, a lot of people express things they want in the different Factions throughout this thread, but I can't help wonder if the Outcast are being voted for least because.. people who like Outcast don't want anything else, as in, their masters are already the cream of their crop.  I guess I'm saying this though, from the perspective (And it's a limited view that I only glean from reading on the Forums and talking to people in chat), but it seems like most people who play Outcast do so competitively, and that they have very solid and leading crews for that purpose.  I very seldom hear of people picking up Outcast for their specific "flavor" (Like Undead, or "monsters who live here" or whatever), nor their specific Masters for similar reasons.  Is that a thing?

Just now, Khoregard said:

I'd have to say that as an outcast its really hard to resist dabbling elsewhere, and themes found in other factions are... stronger? That said, I ain't no filthy turncoat, so I did the right proper thing and voted for the rose!

That's such an ironic sentiment for you to say to a person professing a passion for the Ten Thunders, the literal every other faction faction.

But yeah, I was assuming it's mostly because the Outcast themselves lack a strong "flavor" to distinguish them as... "something".  So even if someone loved Outcast, it's nearly impossible to say what's coming, which, I guess, makes it hard to want something random from said Faction?

It's like, a way harder "luck draw" than any other Faction, with most of the others you know what you're getting, at least vaguely.  I know I'll end up finding something "oriental" once 10T is revealed, although I guess McCabe defies that mold pretty well.

Interesting though :P

On 17 May 2016 at 11:50 PM, -Loki- said:

There was a lot of talk about it a few weeks ago when we saw the poster with her and the Gremlin master. I guess people just assumed others knew already.

Ahh, sorry. I don't keep up with online communities as much as I used to. I missed that.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Most of Wyrd's Oni are in fact some form of Yokai. If that hair thing is possibly an Oni master then I'd say Harionago is more likely than Futakuchi-onna.

Really love the sculpt for Titiana - can't wait to see the others!

I have a question for the Wyrd Sisters (staff): will the new masters be getting their own avatar and conflux upgrades? If so, will these be included in the crew box or can we expect to see a wave 4 upgrade deck?

59 minutes ago, Astraeos said:

Most of Wyrd's Oni are in fact some form of Yokai. If that hair thing is possibly an Oni master then I'd say Harionago is more likely than Futakuchi-onna.

I just googled that. Definitely seems like that could fit in Malifaux, very creepy. Makes me wonder what a themed crew box would look like for that.

Female Jorogumo will be Special release sold only at conventions in europe. US-Players can´t take the Titties ^^

I expect it to clock in at 45 € a Piece.... I would still buy it ^^... female Oni master not beard Sinkh guy... pls our faction needs some more female masters and some Oni support ^^

Oh I wish the gun toting western style looking guy second from the left is Outcast. A western-style outlaw crew would really fit well with the Outcasts I think! But sadly I would put my money on that he is Guild or Arcanist and that the crazy haired woman is Outcast. New masters is great though and I can't wait for more to be revealed!

On 18/05/2016 at 8:37 AM, MagicGis said:

So that Looks like Turban and Bear on our Thunders Master... which sucks... while I am ok with more Sinkh and it makes sense we saw the pic of the minion already I guess...

I presume that should say turban and beard, and by "Sinkh" do you mean Sikh? I have no idea what a sinkh is and Google doesn't help much... also, what minion are you talking about?

I don't see that as a turban and beard - could be but could also be long hair and a mask. The hands and feet are very dainty for a man...

11 minutes ago, Skitt_Happens said:

I presume that should say turban and beard, and by "Sinkh" do you mean Sikh? I have no idea what a sinkh is and Google doesn't help much... also, what minion are you talking about?

Page... 53 I think of the free digital rules manual. There's a blue Sikh, which is a new upcoming model.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skitt_Happens said:

Really love the sculpt for Titiana - can't wait to see the others!

I have a question for the Wyrd Sisters (staff): will the new masters be getting their own avatar and conflux upgrades? If so, will these be included in the crew box or can we expect to see a wave 4 upgrade deck?

Not in this book, but the future holds many possibilities ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -Loki- said:

Page... 53 I think of the free digital rules manual. There's a blue Sikh, which is a new upcoming model.

Right - I see, thanks. Not sure what to read into that.

2 hours ago, Aaron said:

Not in this book, but the future holds many possibilities ;)

Interesting...

10 hours ago, Astraeos said:

But I'm not wrong about the Obsidian Oni, am I?  They literally had to paste the word "oni" onto it's name so everyone knows it's an Oni, 'cause it isn't one of those "Folk lore" inspired ones.  Unless they just didn't like the traditional name for that what ever it is, or something?

Also, never heard of that Harionago, but that sounds way more like the demon I referenced from Inuyasha, "ensnaring men" and all that.

Maybe they should just 10T (verb) the 10T (noun).  Like when Misaki broke away from the Outcast to be the Master of a new Faction, they should just promote a new Tengu-Overlord and make him the leader of a sweet new Oni Faction™. :P

13 hours ago, -Loki- said:

I just googled that. Definitely seems like that could fit in Malifaux, very creepy. Makes me wonder what a themed crew box would look like for that.

If I were planning it, I'd probably go with these....

"Pandemonium" crew box.

Harionago as the Master.

Kuchikase-Onna as the Henchman. She's that slit mouthed woman from Japanese urban myths who herself is considered a modern day Yokai. Google her, she HAS to be in this game! She's perfect for Malifaux.

One or two Tsukumogami as the totem. These are objects that once they pass 100 years they spring to life to cause fear, or at least a bit of mischief. Bura Bura the lantern is one of the most well known examples along with karakasa the paper umbrella. Not sure how they'd act but scheme markers turning out to be the Tsukumogami would be fun (and annoying!).

For the three minions then I'd say to go with Bakemono. It's a fairly open concept that Wyrd could take in whatever direction they'd want. Seeing what I chose for the Master, Henchman and Totem then midsection and things not being what they seem is a running theme. Heck, in this case I might even consider Tanuki as being the minions! Shapeshifting tricksters and all.

Also a disclaimer to Wyrd, if I somehow predicted something upcoming then it's purely coincidence as I do not know any current play testers. I also claim no ownership over these ideas (being that I plucked them from Japanese folklore) so if any of them sound good then feel free to go ahead and use them.

• Like 2