Painters Challenge 2016 - MAY

Vaiuri

Mercury is almost done; just a few touch-ups left.  I didn't try to put eyes in, just dark shadows.  May change my mind about this. 

Mouse was the half-done model that I finished up outside of the challenge.  In taking a better photo to show Mouse, I lost the floor detail, which took much longer than the mini.  Will try for a better compromise photo when I post the completed minis in the June thread.large.May2016_Mercury_done.jpglarge.May2016_Mouse_done.jpg

@kingmighty:  nice work on the burned bricks!

@Franchute:  nice work on the weathered wood!  That reddish-brown really works.

• Like 4

Wanted to post here for the meantime so I at least make the deadline. I am happy to say I made my pledge, but didn't quite get all that I wanted done. One or two may carry to next month, as I do have some very nearly finished. However, for the sake of transparency, this is what I can say is actually complete.

Despite biting off a little more than I could chew, I loved painting all of these minis this month and look forward to finishing up the rest. There is a spot of green putty between the Tengu's hands. The poor guy fell and broke while painting, and the putty I used to fix it is still curing in this photo. Please forgive him for my clumsiness.

FB_IMG_1464816934876.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Franchute said:

June thread! June thread! :)

Tsk!  Some of us have work to do ;)

I'll get it sorted now, as usual, please read the opening crawl and post you completed pledge to kick off June (dont forget to tell me soulstone totals)!