Painters Challenge 2016 - MARCH

Vaiuri

Well, here we go! Got one Nix (8ss), 3 Malifaux Rats(3 x 2ss=6ss), and The Stolen(2ss). That should equal 16 ss. I would have got more done, but heading out of town before the end of the month.  It was really super fun. I forgot how much I love painting. 

{option}http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t374/Witchslayer/Painters%20Challenge%202016/P3250030_zps2dhycikh.jpg[/IMG]

• Like 1

Here is my 5--10 SS for March:  the rogue necromancy.  My gosh now that I have used this model on the table I just love it.  It has everything, even feathers to paint.  Egad, I hate painting feathers.  I must figure out how to get better photos that somehow show less.  :D  The two models in the background were not part of my monthly committment, but they did need to get finished and so tagged along. 

March2016_rogue_necro.jpg

This challenge is really a fantastic idea, and is going to help clear the backlog.  I am having fun painting alongside everyone. 

Okay, Agrilushunter---let's see the Valedictorian!

• Like 1

So, I think I'm done for March:

Last two models painted: Collodi and Vasalisa!

large.20160328_161737.jpg

And a pic of March's models:

large.20160328_161941.jpg

Vow: Enforcer (5-10SS)

Completed: 44SS (assuming a Master counts as 15).

So, that was overachieving somewhat in the first month! Never mind, I'm sure I'll blow the whole thing at a later date :P

• Like 1

Two Viks (15 stones each?) + Taelor (10) + Ronin (6) = 46 stones painted in March!

Next month might be more of a challenge - I'm away for three weeks, and have the next Iron Painter model to do in that time! But if there is time, I'll be doing two more Ronin, Vanessa, and Student of Conflict.

DSC_0578 (1024x815).jpg

• Like 2

Got my last March model in just under the wire... I think I need to bring up some of the highlights on the fleshtones, but I've been futzing with this one too long.  I'm calling it done.  Also, there's one picture of all of my March work.  30 points.

Nekima1_small.jpg

Nekima2_small.jpg

Nekima3_small.jpg

March_small.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RMK said:

Just finished my March submission. A bit confused if I should put it here or in April, but thought I'd put it here just to be sure.

I'm checking both threads, so dont worry :)

How many stones is this?

3 hours ago, Vaiuri said:

I'm checking both threads, so dont worry :)

How many stones is this?

17 altogether. Also it seems I'm listed as a henchman but I upped my bid to master. Still hoping to get at least 15SS a month. We'll see. ?

• 2 months later...
On 13 mars 2016 at 2:05 PM, RustAndTheCity said:

So far I've painted Cassandra and 3 mechanical doves for 14 soulstones. I'm also entering iron painter so I'll have another model done later this month.

@RustAndTheCity Do you remember how you painted the metalic parts on the mechanical doves? I really like the contrast you made and might steal some of your ideas.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Franchute said:

@RustAndTheCity Do you remember how you painted the metalic parts on the mechanical doves? I really like the contrast you made and might steal some of your ideas.

Base coat Vallejo model air gun metal.  Wash with army painters brown acrylic wash. Highlight with Vallejo model air gun mixed with Vallejo model air silver. Edge highlight vma silver. Shade the dark areas a bit more with watered down Vallejo model color smoke.

• Like 1