Can Ressers do Henchman Hardcore?

Munindk

I've been thinking about Ressers and the Henchman Hardcore format lately and there are plenty of minions and enforcers that look good, the minions mainly for survivability and the enforcers for damage output, but I think the henchmen themselves are less than inspiring.

The Valedictorian and Toshiro both look pretty dangerous and resilient, but the rest are either focused on summoning or support, which I think makes them less suited for the format.

What have people been running, both successfully and less so?

Sybelle has been very successful for me. Play for VP, not kills, unless kills get you VP. But, line in the sand is a lot easier when you can doxie push after a call, lure for protection and then call, etc. Very little gets further than a nurse putting the walk meds on a belle, doxie shoving the belle, sybelle call, and double walk with Sybelle Aura.

In hardcore the Strategy is always Turf War and the scheme is Assassinate, so holding the center, killing the assassinate target and procecting your own leader is all that matters.

I've been tinkering with the following for a poison based crew:

Sebastian with Transfusion

Rafkin

2 Flesh Constructs

I've considered dropping one of the flesh constructs for a Crooked man, which frees up a point for giving Rafkin Transfusion.

Its not very resilient and condition removal hurts, but I'm thinking that there's too much poison going around to remove easily.

I've used Sybelle in the lead with Sebastian as the main beatstick (then a Nurse and a Belle). Sebastian is really, really killy but he does kinda easy so using him as the leader isn't ideal, I think.

Anna Lovelace should be pretty nice once she's available. She has a very nice attack and her Push can be nice in Turf War. Plus she's very tough and can keep her distance.

• 2 months later...

Since I ordered a Rafkin and a few other boxes, I've been tinkering with Henchmen Hardcore lists again.

Mortimer - more survivable then Sebastian and has ranged poison application.

Sebastian - decent melee damage and will increase the poison damage.

Rafkin - decent melee damage and will increase damage against poisoned enemies.

This leaves 6SS for a Nurse/Crooked Man + a 1SS upgrade (Transfusion) or Carrion Effigy/Canine Remain and 2SS worth of upgrades (My Favorite Shovel or 2 x Transfusion?).

• 7 months later...
On 4/4/2016 at 5:04 AM, Munindk said:

Since I ordered a Rafkin and a few other boxes, I've been tinkering with Henchmen Hardcore lists again.

Mortimer - more survivable then Sebastian and has ranged poison application.

Sebastian - decent melee damage and will increase the poison damage.

Rafkin - decent melee damage and will increase damage against poisoned enemies.

This leaves 6SS for a Nurse/Crooked Man + a 1SS upgrade (Transfusion) or Carrion Effigy/Canine Remain and 2SS worth of upgrades (My Favorite Shovel or 2 x Transfusion?).

Did you ever get around to testing this list? I have a tournament this weekend and I was thinking about doing this before I even saw this post. I was thinking a Rotten Belle for the "lure" ability though. As far as an upgrade I was considering "unnerving aura." 

I know this was an old topic but I could use a little advice. Thanks. 

I was completely new to Tournaments and quite new in general. So I asked an experienced player what I should play in Enforcer Brawl following henchmen hardcore.

Yin was the Enforcer

The Henchmen Harcore list was:
Sybelle

Yin

Hanged

Graveyard Spirit

They move together. All touching the Spirit for armor. All 3 of them got shooting attacks. If they come close... oh boy. Not much better.

I ran Fetid Strumpet's list at a henchman hardcore over the weekend and tied for first.  The thing is a *beast* to deal with.  A few things I learned.

1) Start Val and jaakuna in contact with the graveyard spirit.  They're both going to be getting a lot of the initial fire.  Yin can start off near their henchman if you can get close enough.

2) Yin job turn 1 is to get gnawing fear onto their henchman (use your big cards if you need to).  Jaakuna goes last, dragging their henchman into "the puppy pile".

3) Armor cuts into this lists damage speed in a big way, but it *will* still grind them down.

I'm afraid of this many damage sources vs. Nekima and black blood, but she was noticeably absent from my event.   Perhaps someone else can weigh in on their experience there.