How many bayou gremlins does Somer need?

Zombie

Hello, just a quick question as I'm pondering what crew to get next and I'm trying to decide between McMourning and Somer. Basically I like the idea of the summoning spam of Somer but I'm bit afraid of how many bayuou gremlins I'll be needing? Would 8 be more than enough or will there be situations where I need even more ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have 8.

I find that it will be rare a case where I need more, because when summoning, i tend to kill one of the summoned Bayous in each turn of summoning to draw extra cards. It goes like: summon a Bayou in base contact to the first Gremlin next to Som'er, then summon another one in base contact with the first, killing him and drawing a card. I get a net gain of one every 2 summons but i get extra cards. These are particulary handy if you also use Bigger Hat than yours and force you and opponent to discard hand, these Kill a gremlin, draw a card make up for it. Of Course, that this all depends on what I am doing with them at the time, as the Kill and draw a card make more sense for the middle of the game phase.

The first couple of turns, I may summon 3 to 4 extra Bayous, Heal them up with a Hauler and let them take it up to the opponent

Edited by Kofibrake

I would agree that 8 is probably the sweet spot unless you are really pushing the summon factory and your opponent isn't killing them quickly. I suppose in this circumstance or if you really wanted to spam the Bayou Gremlin's in a skew list 12-16 could be desired. Dont think you would ever need more than 16 though.

• Like 1

A lot of the time I'll finish off my own gremlin on 1 wound with Somers' melee for that piglet summon and 2 card draw so that also keeps my numbers under the 8 mark.

Lenny can also use Bayou Gremlin's that are circling the drain (CTD) for his Piglet summoning trigger as well, they are such a useful commodity for Som'er's crew.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...