i'm new can u help me with hoffman?

leeroy

hey all! i'm new at this game and i bought hoffma's crew, i bought also the peacekeeper.

i really like robots, i read in this forum some upgrade to use with him like: arcanist assets, if i want to take construct from arcanist faction, and field mechanic that is a must have. am i correct?

I don't want to waste my money for wrong models so can u give me some advice for the tactic that i should use, and which models and why should i bought? Hunter is good with him? i read that they are not so much played, is it correct? maybe i'm just noob but to me they seems really good!

Hunters are good.

If you want to field Arcanist cionstruicts, then yes you will need to selectthe Arcanist Assets upgrade.

The most commonly suggested Arcanist Purchase would be the Ramos box set. Hoffman wiill really like Both Joss and Howard Langstrum. Spiders and the swarm as also possible hires.

Other than that, my best advice is to try and play with what you ahve, and work out what you are missing in your crew from there.

There isn't a best way to play him, and I don't think anything you can hire with him is something you would never use, but soem will be in more games you play than otehrs.

Look at Pull my finger as a fan made Wiki for some tactics advice.

Other Constructs you might like to look for include Ryle, and in the arcanists there are teh metal Gamin and the rail golem.

Not yet released but good with Hoffman are the Warden, and Sulstone miners (arcanist) 

You wonb't want to buy all of them to start with.

There are just so many cool constructs to put with him.

A Metal Gamin should always be close to him Ca8 makes the rest of your casts really easy.

Guardian puts Ml7 in the mix.

Howard just wrecks stuff when power looped. Well he wrecks stuff anyway, he just does it better with Hoffman.

Remember that power loop lasts until Hoffman activates again, so once it's set up and your crew of upgraded maulers are mauling, it's in your best interest not to activate him again unless he needs to heal damaged constructs. He is a support master after all, not a frontline brawler.

I don`t think Guardian is that necessary if you take Howard. Howard has 7 ML on his own, so the Guardian just gives Df 6 which is a +1 compared to a Mechanical Attendant and if you really need Df6 just take a steam arachnid for 4 SS less.

Its a lot better with Peacekeeper and or Rail Golem.

I`m in no way saying Guardian is bad. I`m just saying its not an auto-include in Hoffman list :)

I would make the Gamin a more autoinclude as its basically +2 do all Ca for Hoffman (and as he needs suits for triggers increases the chance of the appropriate card (ie. you nned 4+ of Rams instead of 6+ of Rams which for me is Gold)

• Like 1

Metal gamin for increasing a the cast and being a target for taking slow to give hoffman fast with the O.S.A. Upgrade.

Guardian to increase the df and ml of the power loop and provide +2 defensive and possible heals and pushes. His shield attack gets buffed to a 7 ml when he is power looped in as well

Peacekeeper becomes the ultimate weapon. Hoof can give nimble and power loop in, can heal ando also puppet to shoot the harpoon to drag enemies in and give slow then can activate to flurry if needed.

Watchers can drop schemes like no other when upgraded by hoffman for all the interacts and mobility.

Howard langston is good for disruptions and being a beat stick without needing to be power looped in.

Just remember to keep the Hoff ball within 6-8 inches of what needs to be together when hoffman activates to get the right pieces looped in when needed. Also activating hoffman first and then last in subsequent turns to maximize the models looped in if some drift too far away.

I do love the hoffman suport

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Overwhelm trigger starting at Ml7 is more likely to hit, and instead of the three attacks you'd get normally you get five. (Obviously once it's down to  Ml4 or 3 there's not much chance of success). That's the difference between a potential 6-15 damage, and 10-25.

If you want a def 6 construct in guild which is cheaper than the guardian.... Brutal effigy is quite useful. Can also be a recipient of the +1 armour upgrade if for some reason you don't want to take metal gamin.

Wait, what?!  There is absolutely no reason you'd not want to take a Metal Gamin!