M2E Starter Box! (Reloaded)

I have to say I am totally pumped for this 2 player starter box. I have bought the Rulebooks and a crew but with no one to play with regularly I have only had 1 game. Now my missus has been super keen and this is going to be the best place to start for us considering she has never played a game.

I just put my pre-order to my local stockist. So excited.

My one question is will we need any terrain for the scenarios supplied or are they designed to work on an empty and blank table top for learning purposes?

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly a dumb question that may rely on some hand-waving, but if we're interested in getting this to show off to friends, would it likely be faster to get it ordering online during Gencon, or do you anticipate on it hitting store soon in August?

Since I didn't see an actual answer I'll make a guess.

Based on past history an online gencon order arrives anywhere from 1 - 3 weeks following gencon.  The listed release date is August 28th, about 4 weeks post-gencon.

Online ordering gets it into your hands 1 - 3 weeks sooner than if you wait for the LGS to get it in.

Unless you really, really, cannot wait to show it to your friends, I'd wait and support the LGS.  

I am eagerly looking forward to this box. I've never played Malifaux before and truth be told only really got interested last week after seeing how awesome the Terraclips terrain was. (I play dnd/Warhammer fantasy..)
So I started googling for starter sets this week and was pleased to see a two player set was due out soon!

My partner who is definitly not a 'wargamer' seems interested, and my friend is definitly up for it.

All in all, I really can't wait to get my hands on a box to try the game. I live in Northern Ireland, and have no local shops nearby (So can't stop off to look at some of the existing range), so will be waiting for it to hit some online sellers.
In the mean time I'm trying to settle for a faction, I've always palyed undead... but the resurectionists aren't doing it for me.. Those Neverborn ghosts though....

So yeah, Two-player starter set definitly a good idea, I wouldn't be half as excited otherwise- just wish it was here already. :< 

All I need now (Aside from the starter box!) is to lay my hands on a rulebook to get an idea on how to play and for some faction fluff/model close ups and I'm all set

I've never played Malifaux before and truth be told only really got interested last week after seeing how awesome the Terraclips terrain was. (I play dnd/Warhammer fantasy..)

A bit off topic but... if you liked the terraclips, you might want to buy up what you can now, especially the Buildings and Streets sets. Wyrd is no longer producing them, so once they are gone they are unfortunately gone (unless of course, they choose to reintroduce them at a later date, not likely but one can always hope right?).

I think buildings has been soldout for a long time now? 

Occassionally they have shown up in some of the smaller, less popular games shops, but they are definitely difficult to get a hold of. I was a bit too successful in assisting my local store in liquidating their remaining stock of Buildings (should have bought at least one more before I blabbed, ;)) They had them new in box up until about 8 months ago.

A bit off topic but... if you liked the terraclips, you might want to buy up what you can now, especially the Buildings and Streets sets. Wyrd is no longer producing them, so once they are gone they are unfortunately gone (unless of course, they choose to reintroduce them at a later date, not likely but one can always hope right?).

Oh crap.. Why?

I'll be grabbing some of those soon then!