Mexican Standoff: Guild vs Resurrectionists

Dirial

One thing is not to drink, or drink less so you won't have a hangover. :P

I'm with Jonah on this one, I enjoy a good drink from time to time. It's not like I drink to get drunk though, we were having a laugh and I just kind of got a bit carried away by drinking most of the box. Still... it was fun and I got to sleep in for most of Sunday even if I did feel pretty crappy. I wont be drinking again for a while now though. 

• Like 1

I am afraid that I have let the cause down by losing my third game to that pesky Neverborn Zoraida (5-4).  It was totally my fault too.  Took Assassinate because I wanted to see if I could pull it off (Seamus + Decaying Aura) when I should have taken Make Them Suffer (which would have earned me 2VPs v the none I got for Assassinate).  I also messed up near the end of the game with positioning when I thought I had a Necropunk ready to score 3VPs for Breakthrough when I didn't as I'd moved it the previous turn.  Very silly mistake to make so was a bit annoyed with myself.  But I have a very enjoyable game which is the most important thing.

Reporting my final game as a win. I took lucius vs perdita!

Strat was guard the stash, schemes were alits, assasinate, breakthrough, deliver a message, vendetta.

I scored 2 points for vendetta rifleman vs pathfinder. 4 points for the strat and 3 points for deliver after lucius walked and moved a lawyer into engagement range with perdy who didnt instantly kill him then got served. My opponent managed to score 2 points for the strat 3 for assasinate and 1 for breakthrough.

9-6 win for lucius!

• Like 1

So, today it were Neverborn (Patzer) yet again, It is writen from memory, but lists are acurate, and so is result. 
Exact what happends what turns is though held in darkness, as my brain is old and very well marinated in embalming fluid.

Standard Deploy

Strategy:
   Guard the Stash (2 50mm markers, 5" high, blocking 10" apart on center line)

Schemes:
   Assassinate
   Break through
   Plant Explosives
   Frame for Murder
   Line in the sand

Ressers (me)
   Nicodem
      Manical Laugh
      Undertake
      Necrotic King
   Mortimer
      Corpse bloat
   Toshiro
   Rotten Bell
   Crooked man
   Crooked man
   Crooligan
   Crooligan

Neverborn (Patzer)
   Lilith
      Beckon Malifaux
      Living Blade
      Summon the Blood
   Primordial Magic
   Baby Kade
      Retribution
   Black Blood Shaman
   Doppleganger
   Killjoy
   Terror Tot
   Terror Tot

So yet again Lilith were facing of Nicodem. I picked Break Through and Plant Explosives as Schemes, Patzer had picked Assassinate and Plant Explosives.

The board

Two large buildings (Inpassible) in opposite corners, touching each of the deployment zones. 
4 smaller buildings (Inpassible) helped form a square in the middle
on the middle point were an "impassible" well 3" high and about 50mm in diameter
4 trees were scattered out

I deployed first

1 Crooligan on each side
2 crooked men on mid right
Bell Mortimer Toshiro and Nico center left. Between center left and center right were a small building

Patzer pretty much center deployed. 1 Terror tot and Primordial Magic started on my right and Killjoy started under ground

Turn 1
I moved up Toshiro a bit to far and immediately Patzer started Luring him forward, so I had to Lure him back with my Rotten Bell,
besides that I summoned another Bell rushed my Crooligans (who had not deployed form the shadow) on each side. My crooked men moved up slightly and took 
one pot shot each that they missed from against I think it were Lilith that moved up pretty agressive and got lured closer.

Patzer let Baby Kade and Doppelganger stay back and Lure my poor Toshiro, everything else pretty much moved up to clam the stash

(0 - 0)

Turn 2
I tried to recover my poor Toshiro and get him back. Lilith moved up very agressivly and together with a tot and in the end killed Toshiro.
I killed the Tot and Killjoy appeared from its corpse. I managed to put slow on him but not finish him of.
Nico summoned a Punk Zombie that werent slow and affected by both Toshiros and Nicos Aura. 
we both moved in on the Stash, My right crooligan "placed in" after he dropped a Scheme marker for a 2 point plant explosives and got close enough 
to the right Stash marker. one of my Crooked men moved up close enough to get me a point on the left Stash. 
Patzer had a Tot on my right and Black Blood Shaman on the left Doppleganger moved up some this turn

(3 - 1) Ressers in the lead

Turn 3

Patzer Tried to save his Killjoy by healing him back to full. My Punk Zombie did a Slice and Dice (Kill joy and Doppfelganger) and more or less 
forced Patzer to cheat two times. My Bells (who were pretty close to each other) Companioned and lured him in to a double Ponce twice and gave him
Slow again. One of the Lures managed to force Patzer  to be forced to discard his last card in hand, the red joker! Killjoy fell, Mortimer failed his 
Terror test against him but a crooked man managed to get a charge in, and slayed him.
Patzer killed (I think) one my Bells (from Black blood and blood clut and some hits). and my Punk Zombie. Lilith placed her trees to force Nico 
to move to see any corpse markers. He did so and summoned I think 2 new Punk Zombies.

My Crooligan on the left had moved up to place the first scheme for break through, but Patzers Baby Kade were on Intercepting course to kill him dead.

Lilith moved back to guard a stash. I failed to get close enough to one of the stashes

(3 - 2) Ressers still in the lead

Turn 4

Things got messy, I managed to kill the Doppelganger with my Punk zombies Slicing and diceing. Think one finished her of with a flurry. Patzers totem 
rushed in to the middle and became a scheme marker and blew up (plant explosives) for 3 VP. When all smoke had disapeared my Bell were dead somewhere 
(in an earlier turn I think) my right crooligan had died. My poor Mortimer fell too. Nicodem Laughed and 6 mindless Zombies woke up!

My crooligan managed to disengage Baby Kade on its 2:nd try and run of to not be engaged

(3 - 6) Vicory slipping away!

Turn 5

Patzer managed to get both my Punk Zombies (who with fast might have made it to a break trough markers) to loose their ability to walk and charge. I 
summoned a crooligan and a Necro Punk to be able to get them close to both stashes, but no more scheme markers for break through

(5 - 7) Lilith defeated us once more

I got
Guard the Stash 2
Breakthrough 1
Plant Explosives 2

Patzer got
Guard the Stash 4
Plant Explosives 3

Summary:
I should had worked harder on the Stashes, only 2 points from them were lame. I think I got kill greedy (again) and failed with only 2p Stash and 1p breakthrough.
Patzer could easily have had 2 or even 3 more points if he hadn´t picked Assassinate. But yet again, an awesome game! Tankyou Patzer for your patience with me
  • Like 1

Summary:
I should had worked harder on the Stashes, only 2 points from them were lame. I think I got kill greedy (again) and failed with only 2p Stash and 1p breakthrough.
Patzer could easily have had 2 or even 3 more points if he hadn´t picked Assassinate.

I pondered a little bit more about our game. First some praise. Even if it didn't work out in the end, the hidden Breakthrough was gold. Taking two hidden schemes with Frame for Murder around really hampered Lilith's onslaught. My mindset was that I could live with you getting 2 points for it, but not three. Maybe you should have made a run for it with both Crooligans, then Kade would have to deal with one, while I would have to choice between weakening my position at one of the markers or go for the other. Granted, then you would had to move you PZ a bit closer to the marker to you right and deal less damage to both Killjoy and the Doppelganger.

I learned that neither Lilith nor Killjoy will survive in the midst of things for that long. They want to have the fight at their premisses, not anyone else. Another thing, don't take assassinate against Nicodem... While you can hurt him pretty badly, killing him is just taxing. There a easier VPs to earn than that.

• Like 1

I got one game in earlier this month but what with one thing and another I've been slacking.

I took Sonnia versus Som'er, brought along Papa and his favorite comfy riding box (as much as I hate the build, I need to work on my aggressive play). Strat was turf war, I took Assassinate and Breakthrough.

Opening move a skeeter tried comparing hats with Sonnia, she showed it its reflection and it exploded in shame. Sonnia and a Rifleman sat in the Turf War bubble and destroyed wave after wave of gremlins though I was out activated by enough that he was still able to sneak in scoring units for most of the game. The rest of my crew killed scheme runners (Lightning Bugs are awful), dealt with skeeters (they also have a thing for pine boxes) and eventually ran breakthrough. I didn't manage to kill Som'er because he's a coward and Squeal is incredibly annoying.

He took Breakthrough and Plant Evidence both of which I was able to stop.

Final score was Guild 6-3