Mexican Standoff: Guild vs Resurrectionists

Dirial

Hi guys,

Got two games under my belt for the Ressers! 

Game 1

Tara (10VP) beats Rasputina (5VP)

Strategy was Squatter's Rights, and I ran with Protect Territory and Breakthrough. 

Highlight of the game was having the Nothing Beast bury Rasputina and then go onto kill an Acolyte and the Wendigo in a single activation. 

Game 2

Tara (8VP) beats Seamus (7VP)

Strategy was Stake A Claim, and I ran with Power Ritual and Murder Protege.

Unfortunately, I was fighting another fellow Resser, but it was a great showdown. After watching Seamus blast my Drowned off the table, it was great to see Bete's Decaying Aura come into play and kill Sybelle. Not to mention Tara's Eternal Moment coming incredibly handy in dropping Claim markers. 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Got two games under my belt for the Ressers! 

Game 1

Tara (10VP) beats Rasputina (5VP)

Strategy was Squatter's Rights, and I ran with Protect Territory and Breakthrough. 

Highlight of the game was having the Nothing Beast bury Rasputina and then go onto kill an Acolyte and the Wendigo in a single activation. 

Game 2

Tara (8VP) beats Seamus (7VP)

Strategy was Stake A Claim, and I ran with Power Ritual and Murder Protege.

Unfortunately, I was fighting another fellow Resser, but it was a great showdown. After watching Seamus blast my Drowned off the table, it was great to see Bete's Decaying Aura come into play and kill Sybelle. Not to mention Tara's Eternal Moment coming incredibly handy in dropping Claim markers. 

Congratulations on more Resser Victories! Would you like to post your Tara list? Maybe I can glean some tactics from it.

• Like 1

Congratulations on more Resser Victories! Would you like to post your Tara list? Maybe I can glean some tactics from it.

Hey Praetor!

In both games my list was -

Tara (6SS Cache, DoW, KoE, OS)

Bete Noire

Nothing Beast (Void Shield)

Rotten Belle

2x The Drowned

2x Void Wretches

The Nothing Beast and Betty are great beat sticks, and Betty becomes a reloadable glass cannon as long as you have the 10 card in hand! The Slow shenanigans that The Drowned and Belle add are also added synergy, whilst the Wretches are my straight up scheme runners.

In this list, I do run Tara as an AP manipulator more than a Bury-master. Dishing out Slow on enemy models, and buffing up my guys with Fast.  

• Like 1

The only problem I have with being called 2nd in command means that I need to actually kick ass :D Which is not that big of a problem actually....

Hahaha. You also bring the fighting will to our troops with poetry. Not all of us are fighters.

We have PeeJay, Clyde and King. We're pretty much settled. :D

After a week of covert operations I'm afraid we've encountered a minor set-back in the Northern Quarantine Zone. An elite crew of Guardsmen was attempting to set up a forward operating base when a strange young woman, of Three Kingdoms descent, approached the formation. The Pathfinder on point warned her back but was forced to open fire - only to be torn to shreds by some half-seen creature or force.

Unable to fight back effectively against the unreal creatures the woman brought with her, our forces made a brave stand and tried to break as many survivors free as possible. The Governor's Secretary took personal command and ordered the use of several strange amulets as a weapon against the spirit horde. Unfortunately a talking head in a careening pram foiled the escape route and the men were routed.

We know what happened because a lone Hunter escaped the carnage, and I saw the whole thing through a sniper's scope from the bell tower. I'm trying not to blame myself, but I had a clear shot at the head, and a sneeze fouled it. Had I been just a bit better... But no, that way lies madness.

The Secretary? Missing in action, though I shouldn't be surprised if we see him again soon.

(OOC) So yeah, first real game against Kirai and it did not go well. Everything staid in a bubble around the lady herself and virtually everything was incorporeal so shooting wasn't a thing that was going to happen much. I got three of the squat markers flipped ASAP and held them all game, scored two points off of Cursed object, and planted the markers for Breakthrough about three times over. Phillip and the Nanny survived through a combination of really bad flips and all of his soulstones (its not like he needed them for anything else...). Meanwhile his Emmissary scored ALitS without breaking a sweat, killed things I handed Cursed Objects to, and hung out being incorporeal with Kirai's upgrade which let it score Bodyguard pretty casually. A loss for the Guild 10-7.

• Like 1