Tale of Malifaux Bloggers 2

Still switching between Crews. Think on Sunday I might just have to take a plunge on one and then go from there.

Aye a list on the main page would be good to follow!

Of the crews you mentioned in your blog, I'd go with either Seamus or Perdita. Seamus is the one I'd favour, but only if he's not wildly popular in your Meta. ;) 

I'm not a huge fan of Von Schill, and IIRC one of the other guys (forget which one) has committed to Von Schill for ToMB2 as well?

So quick question while I write my next ToMB post;

How much do I have to spend in Australian dollars if I'm "buying" from an Australian company? Should I just do a straight conversion from £UK (ie. AU$78 for Month 1, then AU$29 for Months 2-4)?

I used an online currency converter to convert the pounds to euros.

It may be worthwhile checking also that the conversion is proportionate to unit cost.

That is to say, in the UK, the RRP of the Latigo Posse is £30

Using xe.com, that means it converts at 58.64 AUD

Is that representative of the unit cost in Australia, or do you need to adjust?

It's a good question. 

Using the website I'm planning to reference (Combat Company), the Latigo Posse retails at AU$53, discounted to AU$41 (but they discount everything), so it's not far off. 

For another comparison, US$60 (for month 1) is almost enough to give you the Seamus box (US$40) and some Punk Zombies (US$21). Using the Australian website I linked above you would get the same at retail price for AU$52 + AU$27 = $79. But at the discounts they offer it's actually AU$60 to buy, which would leave me with almost enough to buy a whole extra box of Punk zombies if I'm starting with AU$77. 

So you see my dilemma? The straight exchange rate works out to the relative retail cost (according to Combat Company, at least), but the online retailers here regualrly discount down to what the price would be if it was in $US. It kinda feels like cheating. 

--

The alternative might be to just do my "purchases" (most of which I already have) from a US or UK store. Any suggestions on that front? I could just do retail value from Wyrd but if I do, I'll probably go over my limit for the first month. :(

Speaking of which, how do you want us to handle using only parts of a box (specifically, I won't be using the Flesh Construct or Nurses from McMourning's box)? I figure I can either remove their retail value from the cost of the box, or remove 2/3rds their retail value (since that what's I tend to buy/sell 2nd hand at). The latter makes it trickier to fit my purchases into the month 1 budget, but it also seems fairer. 

Sorry about the pile of questions. I'm just excited about what I've got going for this and I'm hoping I can fit it in without breaking any rules (it involved buying two starters for Month 1)! 

I would like to jump on board with this.  Just need to decide whether to go with Outcast or Guild.  I've got a lot of Outcast stuff already and I just bought my first few Guild bits so I'll mostly be using things that I already have with my budget with a few things bought over the Tale.  Just need to set myself up a BLOG...