Tripple pathfinder, lucius ?

Yngair

Hi folks, I have been having a think about things to do with Lucius, I really like the model and the theme in general. One idea which came to mind was to take 3 guild pathfinders, they benefit from Lucius's shenanigans as they are minions, they have decent shooting and melee.

With three of them, summoning and moving clockwork traps around would be relatively simple, allowing them to position themselves for some serious damage, both shooting and in melee. With them not being to scared of a brawl they can make the most of Lucius allowing them to take interact actions while engaged.

I wanted to know what you all thought before I start converting an extra 2 pathfinders.

Thanks for reading

Love the model, regularly use one along with traps.  Cannot see taking three being very effective.  They are poor (for their value) in combat.  Shooting is nice but with three of same they will mean competition for high crows and masks and mid value tombs.  Could work out for locking down squatters rights markers but unless you invest heavily in both trappers and traps it could go horribly wrong really quickly.  Lots of useful 5/6 guild models have three of one kind would be very restrictive.  

And very static if you need to get into opponents half.

I do find it hard not taking all four hounds though. Can't wait to do this with Luna with McCabe as well.

Well, Pathfinders have From The Shadows which means they can start in the opponents' half (Close deployment notwithstanding).

Multiple Pathfinders will also be competing for the :tome  to summon Clockwork Traps, so make sure you don't need them elsewhere in your crew.

I like to use one with my Riflemen, letting the Pathfinder activate first and then Companion into the first Rifleman, who gains his +Rams from Firing Line. I've never tried using more, but with (0) Focus from Dashel Pathfinders are much more likely to hit the blasts on their Muskets, as well as one of those juicy triggers.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Pathfinders have From The Shadows which means they can start in the opponents' half (Close deployment notwithstanding).

Multiple Pathfinders will also be competing for the :tome  to summon Clockwork Traps, so make sure you don't need them elsewhere in your crew.

Sorry meant rifleman - my fault as I should have been clearer. 3 pathfinders run up against the traps 4 limit

Ah, that makes sense. I haven't had much trouble with Rifleman mobility myself, but I use them with McCabe so pushes and Reactivates abound. They make for great threats (and targets) but don't actually earn me many points.

With my lone Pathfinder I've been struggling to have more than 1 Trap out at a time due to such a low percentage of cards being able to summon them. More Pathfinders would mean more chances to get them out and would be far from reliable, but having 3 Pathfinders shoot and shank a model engaged with 2+ Traps would be hilarious.

Can Lucius get Pathfinders a  :tome somehow to make summoning Traps a breeze?

Two path finders would work well In my opinion.
Three however is over kill and takes away space for riflemen, warden, guild guard, beckoners, tannen, guild-hounds, Austringers and any other minions you feel like dropping in.

If you have the hand for it I can imagine two path finders being able to drop traps very useful for Lucius' Devils deal, otherwise rifles with explosions are always fun.