What's the Lone Marshall best for?

Vermicious Knid

So I ended up with a Lone Marshall model as a gift from a friend of mine. I haven't really lookedat how to make this guy work. He's fast and killy and that's about it, right?

Does anyone use this guy regularly? Who do you use him with, and for what schemes? My favorite Guild masters are Sonia and Lucius - does he work OK with either of those two?

This is all theory as I'm too mean to pay the £21.00 to get hold of a Lone Marshall even though I think he looks really good. With Sonnia her crew tends to be quite slow so his speed is very usefull for schemes that require you to move around the board. Obviously his 'trick shooting' gives him a huge threat range and his mellee isn't terrible in a pinch. Terrifying (undead) is a nice little ability for making your opponent waste cards on terror tests if they are playing with lots of undead models. If they aren't he's probably a little bit under-powered and over-priced but still a nice, fast model in a faction that can somtimes be a bit slow.

I know a lot of people don't rate him. How come you don't like him? I've never played with him but he seems ok on paper. That being said I'm am notoriously good at picking out the worst models and thinking they are good!!

He is strange for list building. He is resilient enough against standard shooters (meaning guys with Sh  :ranged  attacks against Df), Terrifying (Undead) and a weak Wp. Note that factions who have Undead usually have many attacks against Wp and not much shooting, while factions with much shooting have usually no Undead.

So, against what Faction would you take him?

• Like 1

So, against what Faction would you take him?

Outcasts or Guild (or Gremlins if they were a real faction). For a death marshal he really sucks against most undead models.

To me it would pretty much have to be one of those three factions and schemes and strategy should somehow support taking him.

Seems strange to what's been said here but I've been using him as a target for Bodyguard.

He's fast enough to avoid most situations, can push out of combat and still take a potshot & is squishy enough that if you have another big target (like Sidir in most of my cases) people overlook him as a valid bodyguard choice. Was at an event yesterday where bodyguard came up 3 times & 3 times he nabbed me 3VP at the end of the game completely unhurt while picking off targets of opportunity & dropping the odd scheme.

He can also be an utterly ludicrous tank if you run McCabe and/or Francisco - Df8, Wp7, Bulletproof +2, Armour +1, Regen +2 & Hard to Wound if he's completely stacked with buffs. Plus half of these buffs will also have gotten use or will get used elsewhere that turn too so you're not really spending to many more SS on him.

I`ve run him a couple of times recently alongside an ortega family list and have found him to be a great model for shooting up one side of the board and then terrorizing my opponents back line. push 6, focused shot and then push back out of sight.. yes please!