Frequency of Play

Frequency of Play  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have been averaging 1-2 games a week, but due to schedule changes, it's looking like 0-1 now.

Adam, we should play more often.

No doubt....kids always cramping our style!

I think my number is probably higher, but it just feels like the past 3 months I've had very few games. Or maybe I just think about the game a lot and don't play it enough to satiate the urge.

• Like 1

When M2E first came out, I was playing roughly 2 games a week. Then something "more important" filled my club day up, so now I get 2-3 games on a random Sunday a month, and Vassal with a friend occasionally.

Vassal is brilliant for him -- he has 2 young children, so we play a turn or 2 at night when he has a spare hand, then save the game and come back to it later. (Unfortunately his Rafkin has been at 1 wound for about a month now! :P)

• Like 1

It was 1-3 a month, sometimes almost crossing to 4-8.  Then baby hits and of course that's out the window.  But I'm hoping 1-3 will be the norm once things settle out.

Vassal is brilliant for him -- he has 2 young children, so we play a turn or 2 at night when he has a spare hand, then save the game and come back to it later.

I didn't realize that was an option!  I've thought of exploring Vassal more now but even dedicating a couple hours at the house has been hard to do.  This might actually let me get some games in a little more often, even if piecemeal.  Granted I'll need to find one of my buddies patient enough to play that way lol.

I didn't realize that was an option!  I've thought of exploring Vassal more now but even dedicating a couple hours at the house has been hard to do.  This might actually let me get some games in a little more often, even if piecemeal.  Granted I'll need to find one of my buddies patient enough to play that way lol.

Finding a patient friend is likely the harder part. :) Luckily, we'd both rather have a stuttered game, than no game at all!

I'm actually fairly lucky, I have a group of friends who play Malifaux quite a lot and my local gaming clubs also have some interest. The sad thing is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of them playing at the moment. Many of them are buying in GW's End Times rubbish which is in my opinion an attempt to revitalize a stagnant world of fluff. Many of them (as did I) started with Warhammer and are now crawling back to it because of new over priced plastic kits. I've not had an enjoyable and challenging game of Malifaux for a long time. Although my Fiancee and I decided to play Malishots a few weeks ago which was extremely good fun! (FYI Malishots = Shots of Vodka for SS, minimum 7ss pool  :D) The game ended in a 7-6 win to me because 4 Mindless Zombies managed to drop Ototo below half wounds for Bodyguard. It was close, challenging and fun... God I miss those sorts of games on the table! 

Thankfully zFiend and I play a game on Vassal maybe once or twice a month and I've had a few other opponents from time to time as well so I am capable of getting my fix but the drop off in my local area has caused me to take up other systems such as Hell Dorado whilst I try and promote the awesome sauce that is Malifaux at the club I attend. I'm contemplating a 1 Box, 1 Master slow grow league in my local club or clubs early next year to drum up some new opponents/interest.

• Like 1

Peregrinefalcon,

I only get to play with my best friend and play about 3 times every two weeks is my guess. Since I only play a modified version of 1.5, 50 S.S. is a pretty big game really. I think 50 S.S. is the new average for M2E though right? Anyway I play about 6 times a month, but since I'm moving I will get many more games in soon is my guess.

As for Vassel it feels very dead and impersonal. You can't enjoy the painted models, terrain, visual aspect, ya Vassel just doesn't "do it" for me. Vassel feels really hollow when I can just jump on my computer and blow up a skyscraper in BF4 or all the other amazing games and visuals you can see during the same time you would be on your computer. Although I haven't used Vassel for quite a while now I don't know if it's gotten better.

Nighthater