Poison Bomb

jonahmaul

It does damage equal to the value of the poison condition.

Ashes and Dust is immune to conditions, so it can't get the poison condition in the first place

If you want to poison Ashes and Dust, just take the the carrion effigy.  It even has accomplice so once it moves into position and strips Ashes immunity your other model can go.

Chihuahua also has Smell Weakness which takes away any immunity to poison, you need to sacrifice it after that if I remember correctly but still.

Another good idea but this will remove one of your Expunge options and A&D can just reform itself making the Chihuahua's sacrifice in vain if you can't deal with the Ash Cloud and/or Dust Storm quickly enough

Now talk about a double edged sword, taking away his hand to mitigate all his poison shenanigans but giving half a crew reactivate. That's an interesting choice. Did you feel the poison bomb was such a high threat that you decided to do that?

Also did your opponent try to focus transfusions and expunge(s)? Or did he just let that go?

With two Transfusions on the table, and how easily Somer can refill his hand, I thought so.  McMourning got lucky and hit a string of high cards once he finally got into combat with Somer, but Somer and my Bayou Gremlins basically had two attempts each to beat each attack tossed their way (via their flipped card and Bayou Two-Card). 

McMourning didn't focus/expunge, but instead just focused on getting into combat, cutting people up, and keeping my crew from getting around him to play the mission. 

Chihuahua also has Smell Weakness which takes away any immunity to poison, you need to sacrifice it after that if I remember correctly but still.

Sadly the Chihuahua cannot take away the immunity.  Ashes and Dust is immune to the Susceptible condition and therefore will not lose its poison immunity.  Currently the Chihuahua's ability is useless sadly, as there is nothing immune to poison that isn't also immune to this condition.

Sadly the Chihuahua cannot take away the immunity. Ashes and Dust is immune to the Susceptible condition and therefore will not lose its poison immunity. Currently the Chihuahua's ability is useless sadly, as there is nothing immune to poison that isn't also immune to this condition.

Yeah I wasn't quite sure about that. Thanks for clarifying.

With two Transfusions on the table, and how easily Somer can refill his hand, I thought so. McMourning got lucky and hit a string of high cards once he finally got into combat with Somer, but Somer and my Bayou Gremlins basically had two attempts each to beat each attack tossed their way (via their flipped card and Bayou Two-Card).

McMourning didn't focus/expunge, but instead just focused on getting into combat, cutting people up, and keeping my crew from getting around him to play the mission.

Oh right Bayou two-card. That is actually really well played against McMourning. Wow.

With two Transfusions on the table, and how easily Somer can refill his hand, I thought so.  McMourning got lucky and hit a string of high cards once he finally got into combat with Somer, but Somer and my Bayou Gremlins basically had two attempts each to beat each attack tossed their way (via their flipped card and Bayou Two-Card). 

And to stop, via Decaying Aura, the ridiculous amount of healing that the Gremlins had.

The poison bomb sure is a tough one to counter. Given that all ressers crews have access to Rotten Belles, cheap activation fodder and then throw the Accomplice into the mix on Seb and McM it's incredibly frustrating to face, especially when you're out activated and it's done at the end of the turn when often you have used your best cards countering other threats and have little to nothing to prevent the Transfusion / Expunge. I've never faced it and walked away having enjoyed the game. Personally I think it's OP but evidently the game designers feel it's OK. Just my opinion though. 

Question - if you are immune to conditions don't you still apply the condition but you ignore the effect? So you could still load up A&D with poison then Expunge it because Expunge does one damage per poison, not the poison damage itself?

Nope. If you're immune to the Condition, it never gets applied. A&D isn't immune to poison damage, it's unable to gain any Conditions under any circumstances. Hamelin and Nix can choose whether they gain a Condition whenever one is applied to them - they just decide not to be poisoned.

Never been on the receiving end of a poison bomb yet but wouldn't it be a valid counter to bring your own model with transfusion? If you are playing Resser that is.

Still leaves the problem of trying to break the Chain Activations to transfuse the poison stack back on the enemy (preferrably the model carrying transfusion upgrade)

Edit: ah nevermind, just remembered poison only ticks for 1 dmg at the end of the turn. So unless you bring a model with expunge as well you should put the stack on something close to dying off.