Upgrades that you would like to see

Voodoo Specter

Having recently started playing Malifaux again I miss being able to run Zoraida with the effigies and being able to make Wicked Dolls during the corse of the game which I think is thematic that and would add a nicely different play style option.

Also as Malifaux progresses I would like to see new upgrades become avalable for existing models to represent advancements in the story and to vary crew options.

One of the upgrades I would like to see is

Doll House

2ss

Zoraida may hire Effigies regardless of faction at no extra cost

and gains the following tactical action:

A stitch in time

(2) Summon a Wicked Doll within 6" of this model

Which upgrades would you like to see either things models used to have and lost or just things that you think would be cool/thematic.

• Like 4

I think the delevopers said they are most likely done with Master specific upgrades for some time. That said, something I brought up during the play test as an idea for a future upgrade for Seamus, in light of all the other masters seeming to get upgrades which expanded their hiring pool.

Belles of the Ball (Cost ?, Seamus Only)

Insert some minor ability here

Crews lead by this model may hire models with the Showgirls Characteristic that are not the Crew's declared faction. At the beginning of the game models hired in this way lose the living and Showgirls characteristics and gain the Undead and Belle Characteristics.

• Like 1

I have thought for a long time that they would add some slightly overpriced generic upgrades.  The ones I thought for this would be 3ss "Gain a Specific AP" or 4-5ss "Gain Fast" Others in the vain could be armor, or hard to kill once again being overpriced as some models already have upgrades like this like The Captian which is 2ss gain casting expert I believe.

I would also love to see an upgrade that is faction neutral with the restriction of "Horseman" I think it would be name "Apocalypse Always Comes" 3ss - This model has hard to kill.

Discard this upgrade to heal 2 wounds and gain fast.

I'd like to see generic relics, like the relic hammer. They'd have to be high SS cost, because in the right hands, they can be nasty.

Thought 1:

Relic Hammer

SS cost 5

When this model is killed or sacrificed, or gains the paralyzed condition, discard this upgrade and place a 30mm hammer marker in base contact with it before it is removd from play if applicable.  A model may (1) interact within 2" of the marker to attach this upgrade.

This model gains the following Ml Action [insert text from Relic Hammer, and maybe the knockback trigger]

You could do this with several other weapons, magic items, etc. You could even have them start on the board, and players have to go pick them up to use them.

Thought 2: I also always love the abilities that allow you to hire out of faction. Can never have too many wonky multi-color crews!

Thought 3: How about some abilities that call out schemes and strats by name?

Hulking:

1 SS

Restriction: Ht. 3 or more

This model counts as two models for the Reconnoiter strategy. This model is immune to conditions that give insignificant or the peon characteristic.

Wild:

1 SS

Rare 2

(0) Distract: This model makes a Wp-Wp duel against an enemy model within 3". The loser of the duel gains the Distracted condition.

This model may Interact to remove the distracted condition while it is engaged with other distracted models. It may take that interact action as a (0) action.

Brutal Execution:

2 SS

When this model kills an opposing model, you may discard this ability. This crew counts as having killed two models for the sake of Reckoning this turn.

When this model deals damage with a Ml attack against the enemy leader, you may discard this ability and reveal the Assassinate scheme if you have not already. If you have revealed the Assassinate scheme, make another attack against the target after this attack is resolved if it is still a legal target.

Fetid I agree that I don't think we will see them but I thought I would because it would have been easy to do.  While 1ap isn't as valuable to every model you set the price high enough where those that it would be valuable would think of taking it but wouldn't take it all the time, hence the 3ss cost I put on it.

To your upgrade there are plenty of masters out there that cannot expand their hiring pools as well Seamus is not alone.

I'm aware but given the direction they seemed to be going I thought they would eventually expand every masters hiring pool. I've been wanting more hirable belles and this seemed pretty cool if they decide to open up options in the future. As I said I doubt there are going to be ANY more master specific ones for a good while.