Painting diary. Picture and rambling heavy.

theshepherd

Yeah, great weapon swap and awesome scheme on Killjoy! The purple skin and glowy eyes make him all the more sinister. Any plans for other Nephilim in the same colour scheme?

Board looks good, I wasn't sure if it was a woodlands, bog or murky water. Thanks for obliging me with the in-game shots!

• Like 1

ArcticPangolin - No plans for any nephilim yet, Killjoy is currently running merc with McMourning as I can't imagine the Dr not being obsessed with a hulking undead neverborn that bursts out of corpses.

The original plan for the board was muddy field, not sure it quite made it there but its close enough.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been ages since I've had any new toys to paint but hopefully that should change in the next few days when Yan Lo arrives in the post.

While I not had any painting to keep me busy I've been helping out on http://abnormalifaux.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/it-2015-technically.html a malifaux blog run by a group of people I lose games to.

Yay! finally got some paining time in.

I picked up the Yan Lo box and the students last week and I'd been slowly building them, putting off Yan Lo's beard as long as possible. In the end the beard wasn't too bad and I really like the look of the models in the set.

The students were a little tougher to put together, putting the pipes and wires on plus trying to get snakeman zombie's waist lined up left my fingers covered in glue and a few choice words were mumbled.

The current painting queue

2C9C0038-71CF-47E9-A064-015F262CA388_zps

Managed to paint Chiaki last night. I'm trying to get rid of some lazy habits like relying on dry brushing and washing so this model was done by just working on the paint and controlling how think or thin each layer went on.

02F1CB0F-06BB-49C3-9E8D-90CDBD14996C_zps

• Like 2

Sat down to paint Toshiro last night. I really struggled to find a good balance with the skin but after a few attempts managed to get it to a level I can live with.

I may go back at some point and add some freehand or patterning to the kimono but it may have to wait until I get a bit better with brush control.

Also I added a hat as how doesn't like a new hat. (its from the Lone Marshal as the Lone Marshal has Kang's hat.)

C9576F4A-E538-4C2E-85EA-8B0CFEF2548E_zps

BD3D3430-AAF4-4E5E-8D0B-978443316199_zps