Resurrectionist's Collection - What have I to add?

AndyP.

Hi everybody,

I'm back to you after a while with a question that is making me crazy for this last period.

I'm near to finish painting all my models and now I'd like to expand my collection to have a quite complete collection of useful models to be used during game.

Now my collection concern:

McMourning

Zombie Chiuhauha

Sebastian

5x Canine remains

2x Flash construct

2x Nurse

Now, what you suggest me?

I thinked to Killjoy cause I like a lot the new design.

1 or 2 belles for the lure ;)

Which other models?

Thanks to everybody in advance.

Punk Zombies are a solid 7ss minion choice and are very useful in most crews. Toshiro is also a nice addition to any resser collection because he can really do wonders for buffing minions. Rotten Belles are also a very good choice due to the utility they can add to a crew through their Lure and Undress actions. You couldn't go wrong with any of these. 

If your looking for a really hard hitting model then Killjoy is a great option, others to consider would be Izamu the Armour or if you don't mind the old metal models a Rogue Necromancy. Again if you don't mind the metal models then Guild Autopsies are a nice and fluffy fit into a McMourning crew, all the poison they bring to the table as well as being able to use their weapons to inflict poison at range or in melee means that they are a good cheap minion for McMourning's crew. 

• Like 1

Definately a couple of Belles, the lure is just too good not have access to, plus they can be quite tanky in a pinch. I'd also look at picking up Izamu and/or Yin. Their both in the new plastic designs and will give you more options depending on your strat/scheme pool too. While we're at it if you don't mind the older style metal mini's I heartily recommend Necropunks. Awesome scheme runners, cheap, agile and damned difficult to get rid of.

Belles, as voiced as many. 

Chiaki is almost always a good choice. Punk Zombies are great hitters, as is the Rogue Necromancy. Rafkin for more poison shenagians. Crooked Men are often overlooked, but are excellent guys. Onryo could be very interesting, especially if you have some more spirits. Similary, Shikome work.

No problems with Killjoy, or Izamu. 

I'm preferring the Rogue Necro over Killjoy (KJ has his place, but RN is more versatile).

Punk Zombies, YES.

Chiaki, YES!!!!!!

Toshiro, worth considering (which than means you should get some Ashigarus.

So the short answer, buy the Yan Lo box set, a 3 pack of the new Punk Zombies, and the Toshiro single blister. If you want to get a Rogue Necro you can find the old one or wait until it is released in plastic. You'll be happy with Toshiro.

Now if you don't want Toshiro though, I do suggest Necropunks (stable in ALL resser crews) and of course some belles are a great addition as well into any resser crew.

You know what...buy the whole faction. :D

Many thanks everybody guys for your reply.

But I forgot to fix the main point of my wish.

I would like to play preferable the following masters:

- McMourning (I love it really much but I have to make my strategy and knowledge of him stronger)

- Nichodem (Should be a quite good second master for a tournament)

- Molly (I'd like to try her but I really don't know nothing about her. Any advice is really welcome!)

I don't like at all Oriental style so I exclude Yan-Lo and Misaki at first and all models that play with them.

About Rogue Necromancy I think I'll wait for the new resin model when it will be available.

Metal one is not so exciting in my opinion.

About Nichodem and Molly someone could give me some advice on how to use them properly?

I'd like to pair one of them to McM for tournament lists.

About McM models I think I will follow most of your advice taking Belles and maybe Killjoy.

Many thanks in advance to everybody :)

Many thanks everybody guys for your reply.

But I forgot to fix the main point of my wish.

I would like to play preferable the following masters:

- McMourning (I love it really much but I have to make my strategy and knowledge of him stronger)

- Nichodem (Should be a quite good second master for a tournament)

- Molly (I'd like to try her but I really don't know nothing about her. Any advice is really welcome!)

I don't like at all Oriental style so I exclude Yan-Lo and Misaki at first and all models that play with them.

About Rogue Necromancy I think I'll wait for the new resin model when it will be available.

Metal one is not so exciting in my opinion.

About Nichodem and Molly someone could give me some advice on how to use them properly?

I'd like to pair one of them to McM for tournament lists.

About McM models I think I will follow most of your advice taking Belles and maybe Killjoy.

Many thanks in advance to everybody :)

Rogue Necro will be in plastic not Resin (no Wyrd models are resin), just an FYI. Just realize you're missing out on a SOLID range and ML model that can really put the hurt on.

As far as Molly and Nico. Both are 'pure' ressers. What I mean is they actually bring things up from the dead (i.e. corpse markers). Where as McM is more of minor summoner. 

If you're looking for some discussion on Molly, I've been doing my #ToMB on her the past 3 months (I'm late on my latest write-up), but it may serve useful for you. http://pfalcons-nest.blogspot.com/search/label/Molly

If you do go with Molly you will be happy with KillJoy, but I do have to say that I'm leaning towards the Dead Rider as being more viable than KillJoy in just about anything except Reckoning for my Molly (read all resser) crews. KillJoy is great but he does die fairly easily if not timed right and he is expensive. 

As far as Nico, I'd say thats one of the better crew boxes to get sooner rather than later merely because it comes with your 3 punk zombies you'll want. Then complement it with a 3 pack of the new belles and you'll be in great shape. Another great reason to get Nico is for Mortimer, his ability to create corpse markers will be useful for both your Molly or Nico crew.

Finally, let me once again mention the Necopunks (and add in the Crooligans), they are such amazing objective grabbers that not using them forces you to commit other models to doing objectives. The Necropunks are so amazingly resilient, and the Crooligans can be summoned by Molly really easily. 

• 4 weeks later...

With Nico, you have almost everything that you need in my opinion. Some mindless zombies would help (I use unofficial mindless zombies as there isn't enough variation in sculpts, but there are plenty of suitable zombie models) and I will second the people suggesting necropunks. I take lots of cheap, fast models (canine remains and necropunks) and move up quickly. If they die, they leave a corpse which scares your opponent as it is likely to become a punk zombie. The moment that I realized my minions were just moving corpse markers was a breakthrough for me. The flesh construct is a good distraction for his crew and can be healed back to full or given fast. Nico likes to have SS and upgrades, so start off cheap and summon the heavy hitters. The only model that seems to be missing from the suggestions are crooked men. I find that crooked men work wonders with McMourning and especially Sebastian, they have natural defenses against shooty crews like the Ortegas, and they pair well in tandem with flesh constructs vs melee crews.

The way I look at Rezers, is push into Seamus, and pick up some Hanged, and maybe crooked men. Play with Seamus for a month or so and then push into Nicodem. Belles are awesome with Nico, so are crooked men and that gives you access to most of the models you will want to summon with him.

Then pick up the University that give Nico some decent summoning options and also give you a decent jumping off point when the Molly set comes out.

@Clement

i read something the other day, cant for the life of me remember where. that said, Handicapping your options based on others opinions of OP is a bad move, there are plenty of good options in alot of crews and more importantly there are options to deal with the "OP" it was about accepting responsibility for losses ect pride being among them, then it did a little blurb about art of war.

i doubt very much your opponents will hamstring their lists coz something is a little crazy, why should you ^^

Embrace your Seamus ^^

The way I look at Rezers, is push into Seamus, and pick up some Hanged, and maybe crooked men. Play with Seamus for a month or so and then push into Nicodem. Belles are awesome with Nico, so are crooked men and that gives you access to most of the models you will want to summon with him.

Then pick up the University that give Nico some decent summoning options and also give you a decent jumping off point when the Molly set comes out.

BTW if you are after a model that can act like the RN but is in plastic, The Valedictorian fills this roll very well and comes with all the other students which are great in a summoning list like Molly (horror  version) or Nicodem. 

You may want to consider getting the seamus box unless they release sybelle seperately.

I would say sybelle and a belle or two are too useful to Mcmourning to not consider, maybe that's just my play style though.

The lure into range is very important for poison dumping and sybelle adds alot of hitting power and a second transfusion.