Alternative Hans

daniello_s

As I decided long time ago that my Viks will hire only girls, constructs and all kind of beasts to her band only (basically no-guys environment with a little exception for Freikorps Strongarm :D) I'm looking for nice model which could represent female Hans.

I know there is CMON model of Abigail Steampunk Hunter but I wonder if you got any chance to spot some other alternatives?

cheers

Warmachine also has Kara Sloan.  A bit more armor, and the omnipresent steam-backpack, but not too shabby:

http://privateerpress.com/files/products/31068_CaptainKaraSloan_WEB.jpg

(looks again) She even has a Viks hairdo!

Hmm, Freebooter's a treasure-trove for this request:

http://www.freebooterminiatures.de/en/catalog/174

http://www.freebooterminiatures.de/en/catalog/84

and 3 different "Arquebusiers" packs, each with 1 man & 1 woman, such as: http://www.freebooterminiatures.de/en/catalog/82

Of course, searching Reaper's site for "female rifle" turns up more options than you can shake a stick at, but most don't measure up to the rest of these.

That dress would certainly explain the Wk 3.  :D

How close to scale are Anima Tactics and Malifaux?

Relatively close - Cordelia's on a 30mm base and a little on the slim side, but she doesn't look out of place scale-wise next to, say, Misaki.  I don't have any Sister models, otherwise I'd take a comparison shot.  Anima minis vary from waifish to large on the 30mm scale, but Cordelia's right about in the middle.

Let's just not use Covel or put the male and femal Samael Agents next to each other :P

• Like 1

Loads of nice options - thanks lads.

So far my top 3 Hans alternatives are:

- Abigail Steampunk Hunter - lovely model, she has got all female-Hans needs - sniper rifle only, googles and dress which explains poor mobility :D

- Hildegard from Raging Heroes - nice sculpt, cool looking sniper rifle, glasses (I can say it is a fancy looking goggles...). Only one thing is my concern - pistol. I know, I'm moaner... :P

- Kara Sloan - a bit to armoured but Vikis hairdo and cool looking gun is tempting.

Maybe a tad sci-fi looking but also really steam punky is this chick from Raging Heroes' Toughest Girls on the Galaxy range. Not sure if she's available as it was all done through a Kickstarter a while back and may still be in production. 

One-Shot-Blondie.jpg

Or what about this gal (Ingrid Rangvaldottir from Wolsung)

mas-w00017.jpg

Quickie - a have shown a friend of mine those alternative Hans versions and he fell in love in Abigail (happens I presume :D).

Do you know guys what kind of quality is that model? I think I've seen somewhere on the forum topic about that where people had some issues with casting (moulds) and I think something about weapon being crooked or similar.

Do you know if CMON improved it or still there are such problems?

cheers

I bought Abigail about a year ago. The gun was a little crooked, but was easily straightened with a bit of warm water, other than that, there was a little flash - overall though she's a lovely model and fits into Malifaux perfectly as a proxy for Hans.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...