Best Henchman to lead crews?

The Zinc Lich

So I'm going to be participating in a 20ss mini-malifaux shootout tournament via Vassel soon, and I was wondering how people feel about our stable of Henchmen.

I was initially thinking of bringing Nix along, but I worry she (he?) is just a little bit too delicate with 6 wounds. I'm not sure how likely I am to run into someone who can ignore incorporeal at 20ss, but I'd rather not auto-lose if they can. I'm also not sure how well the crew will do without Hamelin to spread blight and crank out rats.

Montressor seems fun, but I keep hearing on the boards that he is hard to keep alive and the low minimum damage on his weapons hurts his viability. He also won't be able to hire out of faction Tormented models without Jack, and I don't know how much I like him without Hanged or Papa Loco...

That leaves Hannah, Viktoria, Taelor, and Alyce. Ideas?

In a smaller match, summoning is going to be even more attractive than it is at higher stone games. Alyce can potentially become a summoner if you want to depart from rats. But if you suspect your opponents will be summoning, or growing nephilim - Taelor could become an interesting meta choice.

Montressor seems fun, but I keep hearing on the boards that he is hard to keep alive and the low minimum damage on his weapons hurts his viability. He also won't be able to hire out of faction Tormented models without Jack, and I don't know how much I like him without Hanged or Papa Loco...

That leaves Hannah, Viktoria, Taelor, and Alyce. Ideas?

The problem with Montressor is he really needs a :+fate on damage flips to do much, and without Papa Loco I just don't think he can reall live up to his potential. Ama No Zako could be interesting.

I agree that Nix is too squishy.  In my Hamelin crews he is off to the side or in supporting positions because he can't take too much attention.  Though and all Canine crew would be fun!

Ama No Zako is a great choice.  Her stats are a tad low for a 10s model (imo) but her actions and abilities are great and more than make up for it.

But, you can never go wrong with Rusty.  She can do it all.  She has a wicked gun, in Hth can take it to the best models out there, she moves well (except charge) and she has synergy with her reactivate ability which could turn a 20ss game pretty easy.  And that's before you get to her upgrade, which is expensive for 20ss, but it makes her a self-reliant summoner, which is *huge* is smaller games.

Hannah usually requires a tad more reliance on who she's with, but if you back her up with some Friekorps she can be very helpful.

Honestly, all three are great choices.

Blood Viktoria can pretty well handle an entire crew herself and is still quite effective without her bigger sister. I have been on the receiving end of her in a 25ss game and although I ended up winning she took a lot of resources to contain.

I could definitely see this, but I found myself laughing because last game I played with McMourning, I plopped 6 damage from a severe on her from a Flesh Construct's charge, and the poison killed her off at the beginning of her activation (McMourning's ability). To be fair, I was terrified of her potential, but got lucky. But still...

To be honest if it was me I might go for Ama no Zaku.  As a 9ss Henchman you get a 4 cash and your stats are not that bad.  Same Defense and Wp as Taelor, one more wound, two better walk and one better charge.  You have hard to wound and for 1ss you can get Survivalist and get Hard to Kill.  You also got Flight and terrifying 13 living.  For offense the damage spread on the embrace is actually better than Taelor's, but also is -2Ml and one less inch in reach.  But in turn you get two useful (0) actions.

The last and kind of big thing is being somewhat rough to take down if you took Survivalist.  With hard to kill, the positive to healing flips, and Quaff Blood trigger you can knock your wounds back above 1 and make Hard to Kill trigger again.

Gonna second Enternalvoid's mention of Ama no Zako with Survivalist.  She brings a powerful stable of abilities, and her (0) aura alone can swing games, plus the ability to pop herself back up.  Very effective.

Mostly though, go with what you think sounds the most fun.  I like Ama for that as well, since she does so much and can play in many different ways, but I think Rusty is a competitor there too.