Misaki Infiltrating Outcasts

Jesy Blue

Now I know the point of the Ten Thunders is that they have infiltrated every other faction in Malifaux, so you have to have at least one master in each factions that is part of the Ten Thunders.  But how is Misaki also Outcast, as much as one can be part of the Outcast faction?

Historically Misaki came over to Malifaux as a sword for hire. Back in the very first book she was an outcast mercenary minion, so often worked with the Viks. 

As such she has still plenty of contacts in the mercs. 

Strangely enough when she became a ten thunder master in Storm of shadows, she wasn't duel faction, she was pure ten thunders, presumably to show her loyalty to her clan, and after some time (M2E rulebook) she is reforging links she had before the TT were a force in Malifaux

• Like 4

8 hours ago, WWHSD said:

I do think that it's kind of odd that there's nothing in the Misaki box that can be used with other Outcast masters (unless you are willing to pay the merc tax on the Torakage).

She's hardly the only one. There's Tara whose box is only outcast, McM whose box is only resser, Lucius whose box is only Guild, Yan Lo is close of not for Chiaki, Zoraida's is only Neverborn and Brewmaster and gremlins, with the last two being unable to even take their own box into their other faction without an upgrade.

• Like 2

@WWHSD It's not odd since it's fairly common for dual faction masters but it's frustrating since it makes those masters really bad for starting up in one of their factions.

@santaclaws01 Lucius and McMourning also need upgrades to bring their box over. McMourning can't even bring across half his box with his upgrade, most of the others can at least use their entire box themselves.

28 minutes ago, spect_spidey said:

But Misaki can take Last Blossom models regardless of faction. Doesn't that mean that they don't have to pay the merc tax? The same with Tara and Void models.

Yes exactly, she has one of the more functioning dual faction rules. McCabe also gets to infiltrate without an upgrade and most of his models are even dual faction so other masters can use them in either faction. I think that's what Jesy was referring to, that Misaki's models should also have been dual faction.

6 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Yes exactly, she has one of the more functioning dual faction rules. McCabe also gets to infiltrate without an upgrade and most of his models are even dual faction so other masters can use them in either faction. I think that's what Jesy was referring to, that Misaki's models should also have been dual faction.

I think they were made not to be intentionally. I think the Wokou Raiders show that. Members of the Last Blossom that are Outcast are the more unsavory and less clandestine types that she hires.

12 minutes ago, spect_spidey said:

I think they were made not to be intentionally. I think the Wokou Raiders show that. Members of the Last Blossom that are Outcast are the more unsavory and less clandestine types that she hires.

Fluffwise the torakage work for anyone as mercenaries so I don't see why outcasts couldn't have access to them as dual faction.

Mechanically it's impolite to force a guild mcMourning player into buying models that they can't use unless they start ressers.

• Like 1