Best Killjoy setup for Arcanists

Frozen Feet

Dove delivery is easy and cheap, you can prompt the Dove for reactivate with :ram, move 30' and then detonate for :pulse 2dmg and dig up Killjoy.

In the other hand you can too use a Malifaux Raptor but in that case the oponent can Ignore him easier.

• Like 1

What @Fictor said is your cleanest Killjoy delivery mechanism.

Another option is Myranda, you can also prompt and reactivate her for 33" worth of movement plus a Cerberus and four cards on the end of it.  For when stuff REALLY needs to die. :D 

Granted that's 7ss more expensive. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, mythicFOX said:

What @Fictor said is your cleanest Killjoy delivery mechanism.

Another option is Myranda, you can also prompt and reactivate her for 33" worth of movement plus a Cerberus and four cards on the end of it.  For when stuff REALLY needs to die. :D 

Granted that's 7ss more expensive. 

I've been thinking of running a Marcus Alpha Strike like this. I don't yet own the Marcus box or Killjoy (Carver for me) but this idea sounds fun.

• Like 1

The dove is the easiest. 

If you wanted to run Sandeep you could use a gamin delivery system which could get you several potential vectors. Banasuva can throw the gamin where you want them and you could kill them off with Kudra when you decided to bring out Killjoy. It's expensive, but you could start with a couple of gamin, summon Banasuva on turn one with immune to slow so he could throw gamin two different places. Execute the gamin of your choosing. 

I would never do it in a tournament game. Its way too much invested in points for a very telegraphed outcome. I don't even use Howard anymore for the same reason.  AP control makes it so that bringing over 1/5 of your points in a single model is just not going to work out.  It worked last summer only because they could afford to bring the big guys AND all the AP control they needed. However, its obviously not that amazing with just Killjoy as your beater or everyone would be playing Hamelin. 

That being said, it could be a fun one just to bring to the LGS and see if it works. 

Killjoy's a 13 stone investment for something that's only good for killing things (yeah, really good at it) and putting your opponent on the backfoot when it works. When it doesn't work, it's a liability.

Hiring a dove to get him into position brings it up to 15 stones (roughly 1/3 of your crew). If the strat and scheme is such where he could get you 3-4 VP without awarding your opponent the same, no problem outside of what @Mrbedlam already described: you're telling your opponent what you are going to do. With crew efficiency being such a critical thing to the competition scene, dropping 1/4 to 1/3 of your hiring resources into a single vector is a high risk thing; here in the Arcanists, we can get activation control, AP control, and card draw to get an in-faction beater into play that only has a slightly weaker damage track, but built in positives and none of the "let me make sure that this thing is nowhere near my crew, just in case" stuff to worry about for roughly 1/6 of our available hiring resources. If all I need is a distraction beater rushing in to force my opponent to change their plans, I have cheaper options that have better returns.

If you want to overcome the AP/activation deficit, you'll probably want to run Ramos and use his spiders as a delivery system (because popping him out is optional, re: "may"). In this situation he's running in the exact kind of role that Howard Langston was: big distraction beater threat, just with less threat range when already on the board and no option to field repair, reactivate, or be helped by the Mobile Toolkit, all while being Ml 6 instead of Ml 7... but that's because here in the Arcanists we have more premium tools than we could ever use in a 50SS game.

• Like 1