Newbie Lynch

Darecki

Hi, i bought Lych crew few days ago and i'm still thinking about mins to buy but there is a little problem, all mins which i would to buy haven't synergy with this master ;/ This mins are : Lone Swordsman, Samurais, Dawn Serpent and Obsidian Oni. They all realy aren't good to play with Lynch ? 

Samurai and Obsidian Oni are excellent with Lynch. Samurai massively fish for aces, and Oni use those aces to heal. Good stuff!

Lone Swordsman doesn't really have any synergies with Lynch, but is good nevertheless.

Dawn Serpent I'd trade for the Shadow Emissary. An even bigger snake, with lots of goodness for any TT crew!

• Like 2

The Lone Swordsman can reactivate himself by discarding two cards. Usually that's 1/3 of your control hand. With Lynch that's just two aces that you get to pick up as soon as you discard them. In addition he has many good triggers, but being an enforcer he can't spend soulstones to get them and is thus reliant on flipping the right cards or getting them from your control hand. Lynch is one of the best masters in the game in terms of building up and maintaining an awesome control hand.

• Like 2

I like to bring Sensei Yu and a Ten Thunder Brother with Lynch. Ten Thunder Brothers are good Scheme Runners and with the Ace of Rams you basically got a free card draw or self heal. I prefer Sensei Yu with Wandering River Style over the Emissary, because he can also copy Lynch's Mulligan for an extra card cycle.

• Like 1

If it's a choice between the Emissary and Sensei Yu, it's the big snake for me all the way!

The two pushes plus Fast for a (1) and a (0) is a godsend in the crew, and the free double focus for an ace is also really nice.

If the Sensei keeps handing out Fast, he is basically left in the dust. Won't happen to the Emissary.

2 hours ago, Mutter said:

If it's a choice between the Emissary and Sensei Yu, it's the big snake for me all the way!

The two pushes plus Fast for a (1) and a (0) is a godsend in the crew, and the free double focus for an ace is also really nice.

If the Sensei keeps handing out Fast, he is basically left in the dust. Won't happen to the Emissary.

The upside to using Sensei Yu is being able to give Lynch fast.  Emissary can't give Lynch fast.  So it depends on whether you want to be able to give Lynch fast or not.  I personally take the extra AP on Lynch so I bring Sensei Yu over the Emissary.

• Like 1

The Lone Swordsman is great with Lynch and the Samurai certainly help Lynch doing his thing.

The Dawn Serpent and Obsidian Oni really don't play with him at all though, unless you consider the fact that he'll always have a high control hand which naturally helps big beaters.

As for Yu or the Emissary; always go Yu. Yu's ability to reposition every model, not just friendly nonleader upgradecarriers, means that Lynch's threat range of his nuking actions suddenly got so much bigger while repositioning enemies can make or break a game too (which, with Lynch's hands, tend to be rather doable (also from time to time I need to reposition an Illuminated or two for maximum carnage)). And if your hand does turn out to be terrible but you don't quite want to activate Lynch yet, Yu can easily copy it and do it himself. Swapping out 6 cards and being able to give Lynch fast and constantly push him in and out of danger really make Lynch one of the no contest masters for me regarding Yu or the Emissary. Perhaps if the Emissary had a :+fate to damage but alas.

There is a really good article in a recent issue of Wyrd Chronicles (#27) with great advice for players who are looking to start with Lynch. It is written by one of the Forum mods. You can download it for free here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/201097/Wyrd-Chronicles--Ezine--Issue-27

The first purchases recommended in this article are: Ten Thunders Brothers, Samurai, Depleted. Then try Lynch's theme (Darkened) models.

I've just started using Lynch too. I haven't tried the Depleted yet, but thus far I have gotten good mileage out of 10T Brothers and Samurai.

Next on my list of things to try are Mr Graves and Beckoners. I'll get round to testing the Depleted later - I don't own the models just yet.

14 hours ago, Tokapondora said:

The Dawn Serpent and Obsidian Oni really don't play with him at all though, unless you consider the fact that he'll always have a high control hand which naturally helps big beaters.

Obsidian Oni can discard a card to heal a model that has an upgrade, if I recall correctly.  Discard an ace and get a heal for free.  Not the most amazing synergy with Lynch, but it's something at least. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

At the cost of giving that to another model that it would be better on and one of his own attacks, while also not giving you a second mulligan or the ability to make any of your models fast or even any enemy model slow.

...uhhhh, I'm not sure if I'm reading this right but the Emissary's card (ace) discard for Focus+2 is his own thing and there isn't any way that Yu can give that out? I'm confused on your first point here. Shadow can also give a friendly model Fast that has an upgrade (not Lynch sure but Huggy, Graves, Samurai etc) if you need it. His zero for a 4" push with a card draw trigger is good too.

Shadow vs. Yu is a very interesting debate and they both have their pros and cons. Yu can push more and hand out Fast/Slow but all these abilities cost more (two sixes) to hit TNs and he is also a point more in stones. Shadow has less effective pushes (still present) but also has higher raw damage and different crew synergy with giving out Blasts. Illuminated getting +/+ against Brilliant targets with Blasts is funny. 

It comes down to scheme selection for me. When Hunting Party was suited I almost always took Shadow. I can very easily see the case for Yu now in GG2017 and double Mulligan is crazy good.  

• Like 1

On 3/7/2017 at 9:29 PM, santaclaws01 said:

At the cost of giving that to another model that it would be better on and one of his own attacks, while also not giving you a second mulligan or the ability to make any of your models fast or even any enemy model slow.

Yeah really unsure what you're getting at here. Emissary can get the double focus with an ace, give out fast with no TN (upgrade required) and still shoot something using that free focus, then use a 0 action.

Yu is great, just definitely not totally better than the Dragon. They are a bit different, though have plenty of similarities all for similar price in ss.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2017 at 2:40 PM, Cadaverousbirth said:

...uhhhh, I'm not sure if I'm reading this right but the Emissary's card (ace) discard for Focus+2 is his own thing and there isn't any way that Yu can give that out? I'm confused on your first point here. Shadow can also give a friendly model Fast that has an upgrade (not Lynch sure but Huggy, Graves, Samurai etc) if you need it. His zero for a 4" push with a card draw trigger is good too.

Shadow vs. Yu is a very interesting debate and they both have their pros and cons. Yu can push more and hand out Fast/Slow but all these abilities cost more (two sixes) to hit TNs and he is also a point more in stones. Shadow has less effective pushes (still present) but also has higher raw damage and different crew synergy with giving out Blasts. Illuminated getting +/+ against Brilliant targets with Blasts is funny. 

It comes down to scheme selection for me. When Hunting Party was suited I almost always took Shadow. I can very easily see the case for Yu now in GG2017 and double Mulligan is crazy good.  

On 3/9/2017 at 2:35 AM, newsun said:

Yeah really unsure what you're getting at here. Emissary can get the double focus with an ace, give out fast with no TN (upgrade required) and still shoot something using that free focus, then use a 0 action.

Yu is great, just definitely not totally better than the Dragon. They are a bit different, though have plenty of similarities all for similar price in ss.

Yeah, I didn't have the card on me and was just going off of memory. My bad.