The faction I'm waiting for...

JDAntoine

Canada has successfully hybridized Soulstones with Maple Syrup and Beer, turning them all (women included) into physical powerhouses that breathe magic and have stunning mustaches. Leadership is determined by a mix of Curling tournaments and for the final two combatants to repeatedly charge and ram mustaches together until one submits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnakeoilSage said:

Canada has successfully hybridized Soulstones with Maple Syrup and Beer, turning them all (women included) into physical powerhouses that breathe magic and have stunning mustaches. 

I vote for Moose Mankind.

Moose_Man.jpg

Thus Moose Man, Moose Woman and  Man Bear Pig.

@Lindsey I found your inspiration!

tenor.gif 

• Like 5

Here is another thing that I noticed with the Malifaux factions, although I have no doubt that it is a coincidence so don't go all crazy with the speculation.
The malifaux factions seem to represent the four horsemen of the apocalypse, or at least the two we have seen so far have. 

Conquest (the name of this horseman is never given, he is simply said to desire conquering things and is often believed to be the antichrist. And the horseman are listed as bringing pestilence, war, famine and death, so some assume that the first horseman is pestilence.): The gibbering hordes

(although if a allegiance of aliens/extra-demensional beings/alternative reality things/etc. appears with the desire of conquering earth and enslaving the people rather than just eating everything, the hordes could be argued as famine. Again this is more me pointing out a coincidence than a theory.)

War: (which is different from conquest as it represents civil war rather than war from an opposing force): Cult of the burning man

Will famine and death make an appearence? I would say yes but purely on coincidence, each malifaux originating faction is likely going to pose a very different threat to the nations of earth as to ensure that they all feel different.

Oh course, that is assuming that the next factions revealed will be earth or malifaux factions, and not have some other origin.

13 hours ago, deadmanwade said:

The Guild is based in Vienna right? I would imagine the yellow area of central Europe on the map will be Guild controlled. The helmets and uniforms of the Guild troops have a certain Prussian/German feel to them as well.

Could very well be! However as mentioned in the small video it seems like The Cult of the Burning man is occupying that part of the world... However if your up to date with the lore of Malifaux you'll also instantly know that there most certainly is a connection with the Guild and the Burning man ;)

What I expect that happend Guild used to occupy UK, Burning Man occupied Europe and Russia. When the Burning Man appeared, I think the UK and Europe where under influence but the King's Empire army was succesful in stopping them and Europe wasn't.

Long arms can grow soft when they are untrained. I think there is a core Guild army but it might not have been near Vienna when the Burning Man appeared. Likely purposefully as the Burning Man has some inside knowledge of the Guild ;) 

11 hours ago, Xavian and Deathgrip said:

Here is another thing that I noticed with the Malifaux factions, although I have no doubt that it is a coincidence so don't go all crazy with the speculation.
The malifaux factions seem to represent the four horsemen of the apocalypse, or at least the two we have seen so far have. 

Conquest (the name of this horseman is never given, he is simply said to desire conquering things and is often believed to be the antichrist. And the horseman are listed as bringing pestilence, war, famine and death, so some assume that the first horseman is pestilence.): The gibbering hordes

(although if a allegiance of aliens/extra-demensional beings/alternative reality things/etc. appears with the desire of conquering earth and enslaving the people rather than just eating everything, the hordes could be argued as famine. Again this is more me pointing out a coincidence than a theory.)

War: (which is different from conquest as it represents civil war rather than war from an opposing force): Cult of the burning man

Will famine and death make an appearence? I would say yes but purely on coincidence, each malifaux originating faction is likely going to pose a very different threat to the nations of earth as to ensure that they all feel different.

Oh course, that is assuming that the next factions revealed will be earth or malifaux factions, and not have some other origin.

I just love crazy speculation, I mean as long as we acknowledge it's speculation and no fact (NO FACTS AT ALL) I think we're allright.

I like your 4 horseman analysis but don't think it applies just yet to The Other Side. I am rather certain it does apply to the 4 Horseman we see in Malifaux allready...
Pale Rider, famine (look of the model)
Dead Rider, death
Hooded Rider, war 
Mechanical Rider, pestilence (summonning)

So do I think they'll use that again for The Other Side? Maby, but not now?

Just now, Aaron said:

Abyssinia would clearly have someone riding a mechanical giraffe.

This is why I'm lead designer :-P

I'm so glad you've decided to come over to Team Robo Giraffe. I'm so happy in fact that I will forget that lunch where I said "Hey guys what do you think about a giant Robot Giraffe with grenade launchers in the neck"  ;)

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Aaron said:

When I was a young boy growing up in Pennslyvania, my mother always said "Son, if you ever become a game designer, don't listen to any of Lindsey's ideas." And to this day, I hold to that. Because it's what my mother wanted.

When I was a young girl growing up in Pennsylvania, I was too busy saving the world from secret unspeakable evils in order to protect oblivious boys and their families. But it sounds like we had similar childhoods otherwise. 

• Like 4

There is art of a Horse Puncher, I'm fairly certain it could be made into a Guild Titan! 
Also, Land Sharks are allready spotted. But Street Sharks is the cooler name, just check out Frenzy of the Gibbering Hordes.

So far colour me impressed.

- Mechanical Giraffes
- Horse Punchers
- Moose Man

The options are unlimited! Just pick them all. I mean we all know @Lindseyneeds to draw a mechanical Panda with samurai properties for the Three Kingdoms faction. 

8 minutes ago, JDAntoine said:

There is art of a Horse Puncher, I'm fairly certain it could be made into a Guild Titan! 
Also, Land Sharks are allready spotted. But Street Sharks is the cooler name, just check out Frenzy of the Gibbering Hordes.

So far colour me impressed.

- Mechanical Giraffes
- Horse Punchers
- Moose Man

The options are unlimited! Just pick them all. I mean we all know @Lindseyneeds to draw a mechanical Panda with samurai properties for the Three Kingdoms faction. 

The design teams's whiteboard doodles on a wed. are a special thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

It hurts that a horse puncher grew up in my state. We are a farming state.

But I guess you're really more of a Philly lady. And I don't mean filly.

*note to self: Wyrd design team vulnerable to butterscotch Krimpet bribery*

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

A Cult of the Burning Man fiddler, who both plays an insane fiddle (Devil Went Down to Georgia style) and fiddles with everything it can find.

Oh lord.

I don't keep a library of reaction .gifs, so just imagine your favorite double-take here.

• Like 1