Titania - What else should I get?

RDK

Assuming you're coming into Neverborn blind, I'd recommend Pandora, and everything that typically goes well with Pandora.  Insidious Madness, Widow Weaver, Teddy, maybe the Rider.  Emissary is a great add on to them, I think.  Especially Titania.

In regards to black Friday, I've had a good amount of success with Will O' Wisps.  Only tried the Bandersnatch once, but I liked it.  Wisps more important as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

I've had some success using Titania with the Claw/Thorn/Tooth and the Primordial Magic. Anything from there is gravy, but I would suggest at least one, possibly two Insidious Madnesses. Being able to make Willpower duels harder for your enemy is outstanding. Sorrows are also in theory really good with her, as there will be a LOT of Wp duels. Furthermore you can somewhat protect them using her Audience ability.

6 minutes ago, RDK said:

So how I understand it her crew should mainly be based around WP duels (I don't have the book)? How would your 50ss Titania list look like?

May I make a recommendation?

Pull up the Gaining Grounds 2016 packet and flip strat/schemes/deployment when answering this question. Titania does some very interesting things with scheme markers and control, and how her abilities would work into various strat/scheme pools will affect who you'll want to hire.

This is also good practice for how games will normally go.

Outside of that, I would definitely recommend a Teddy in your potential hiring pool for the same reason Colette brings Howard Langston: the master can make the beater hit things more often. Titania can force Wp duels through various abilities, and if someone near Teddy fails, he can potentially smack them. His damage track is also significantly better and she could potentially use an attack trigger to pull him into what she's fighting, and let him swing instead. This lets you use Titania/Teddy for select piece removal where it is needed (Hunting Party, anyone?). I say hiring pool and not list, because there may be times where you do not want him on the table (certain opponents/factions/strat&scheme pools, already using a beater or two like Nekima and Barbaros), depending on how you play.

actually titania and her crew can go either way in df/wp duels. less than half atk actions are wp based and they all have curse of autumn or equivalent. however i find myself hardly using wp abilities other than the challenges and i build acordingly. buy i do find titania's totem decent and try to save it for thorn so i can keep drawing during the turn. also i fit in a gupp swarm or 2 just so i can sling shot a model upto 6" if i can manage to get a mask for leap. and have tried a madness and found it effective after using the challenges.

im wanting to try out lilitu/lelu and/or a few rougarou when they get released so i can do a bunch of pounce atks. also plan on trying out a bunraku or tuco in my next game as i find that aeslin/titania cant do all the heavy lifting by themselves.

With playing Titania quite a few times now I've found that its a good idea to have something that can remove scheme markers. Otherwise you tend to have too many for the schemes.

The Mysterious Emissary is great as when removing the scheme marker youre getting a changeling.

McTavish works well at removing scheme markers for extra attacks or heals etc.

Or just have something with the Malifaux Provides upgrade (works great on Nekima)

The Queens Champion can offer up some interesting combinations. Using Tuco or Hannah can get you soo many scheme markers from their blasts, and both have WP forcing shenanigans.

What I have found though is that the Autumn Knights are great. I always run at least 2 of them and have started using them with other masters (theyre soo good with Levi!).

I am still a fan of running her with any of our other big beaters, I would skip Nekima as you will want your stones for either prevention or getting the suits you want. Performers are good. I have ran her with a Mature Nephilim, Tooth, Claw and then it is a matter of filling in gaps. Sarrows, Insidious Madness, or any scheme runners. My go to scheme runner is young nephilim because of flight and being combat capable. Widow Weaver is also fun. I am not a fan of her henchmen but she is still ok but if you want another model that shoots into combat go with Hans, Anna or Angel Eyes.

I tend to take Queens Champion and it almost always end up on one of the knights.

I need to run her with Bunraku soon.

I've been enjoying Titania with waldgiest (hand out slow, create cover, large engagement range + bound and rooted with the knights pull) changelings and doppleganger to steel abilities.

My next step is to try out the emissary before eventually using my half painted metal Nekima.

I've reduced down to only taking 2 knights and am committed to making her totem work, I've only dropped it once so far.

Nekima with Malifaux Provides and Mimic's Blessing is an impressive option for Titania in some strategies/scheme combos. She is obscenely expensive though...and there are other models out there that can "trump" her a bit too easily. A Mature is also very good as stated above, although Nekima would benefit more from the Champion upgrade, if you  like that upgrade.

• Like 1

The Rougarou is great with the Knights. Their ability to pull stuff in, combined with the pounce from Rougarou, is death for anything that's activated. I still like McTavish for some great shooting/melee and free AP and then Silurids for scheme running. Leap is too good to pass up and can often result in 2 markers in one turn.  

• Like 1

Nobody's mentioned the Hooded Rider... one of his (0) actions lets him push 6" and before the push, target a friendly model within 2" and place them base to base AFTER his push... this is over 8" of free movement for Titania or something else.  As an added bonus, he can remove 1, 2, 3 or 4 corpse, scrap or scheme (TITANIA) markers depending on whether it's turn 2, 3, 4, or 5.

Also, Twg mentioned McTavish above.  A silly trick there is taking Hexed Among You, letting McTavish, Waldgeist, Bad Juju or whatever else start way up where they need to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goth said:

Nobody's mentioned the Hooded Rider... one of his (0) actions lets him push 6" and before the push, target a friendly model within 2" and place them base to base AFTER his push... this is over 8" of free movement for Titania or something else.  As an added bonus, he can remove 1, 2, 3 or 4 corpse, scrap or scheme (TITANIA) markers depending on whether it's turn 2, 3, 4, or 5.

Also, Twg mentioned McTavish above.  A silly trick there is taking Hexed Among You, letting McTavish, Waldgeist, Bad Juju or whatever else start way up where they need to be.

Doesnt hexed among you only allow minions to be deployed from the shadows?

Aeslin is good against Ressers or any crew that's going to try pushing/pulling your minions around. The 0 action to stop this can work wonders.

As with Vorschlag I've found that running two knights is enough and generally take the tooth and the claw as they're a little more beaty with there lures. The thorn is good if its a more scheme marker pool.

I have found that if you take the Twins too you can get quite a bit of Pounce action going. Especially if you use the Claw and hand out -ve's to defence as part of the lure. Admittedly it would require some grouping but can be quite effective. Add in the emissary putting down hungry land markers and you're doing a fair bit of damage from one models 0 action.

• 2 weeks later...

I've converted some Space Wolves Thunderwolf Cavalry into Rougarou... I haven't played with them yet, but the obvious synergies they have with Titania and Aeslin are great. Having one sitting with either Titania/Aeslin or both will be cool - especially to capitalise on Titania and Aeslin's abilities to pull models toward them (not to mention the knights too). I think they'll also detract from Aeslin and Titania quite nicely (as I've found that both ladies take a lot of heat once they introduce my opponent to their destructive/disruptive prowess).

Looking forward to chomping some foes up with these evil fairy pooches. 

• Like 1