Weird Big Numbers Competition

Dogmantra

Essentially come up with weird combos you would never play in a real game just to see big numbers. You can assume that as long as there are enough cards in the deck/soulstones in a cache to succeed all duels that you succeed 'em because that's fun.

My example, how much focus can you get and then use on a single model without the "Hold!" ability. My answer is +10:

• Sparks targets any reckless model (let's say Burt Jebsen) with Metal Platin' Means You's A Robot, triggering Overtime, and then hits him with Wind 'em Up to give him fast.
  • Turn ends, new turn. Brewmaster Obeys Burt three times, making him focus each time.
  • Apprentice Wesley also uses Obey on him once, for Focus +4.
  • Sparks uses Metal Platin' Means You's A Robot on Sammy LaCroix, with the overtime trigger for Wind 'em Up to give her fast.
  • Sammy activates and has taken the Binge upgrade from Brewmaster. She uses Pick Your Poison three times on Burt, who discards a mask each time and focuses each time for Focus +7.
  • Burt then activates and goes reckless for 4 AP, focuses three times and gets off a single attack at Focus +10.

Totally pointless but hey it was fun to work out.

Some thoughts: most damage in one action, most armour you can get on a model, furthest distance moved in a turn, the possibilities are endless (also you could try to beat my focus +10 action if you wanted)

• Like 1

For distance, don't know if it's the longest, but this can lead you quite far:

Dreamer with Tantrum, dreaming wings and the 1 pt upgrade that makes you wake on SH damage done.

Dreamer summons 3 daydreams, getting Wake condition to 3.

Next turn:

Mr Graves Show you the door on Dreamer for 6"

Dreamer moves 3 times for  24"

Dreamer shoot an enemy with shooting expert, triggering Wake 4 and waking up. Summoning a Chompy at 6" + base size (around 2")

Chompy got pushed 3 times by daydreams Ride Nightmare and a 4th time with a doppleganger copying Ride nightmare, for 16" of push

Chompy moves 2 times for 10" and then sacrifice himself to pop back again the Dreamer in Btb, gaining the basesize (around 1").

For a grand total of a couple of millimeters short of 65", if i have not messed up something.

Adding Lust's  Proper position, you can add 4" more if you want!

14 minutes ago, HPN said:

For distance, don't know if it's the longest, but this can lead you quite far:

Dreamer with Tantrum, dreaming wings and the 1 pt upgrade that makes you wake on SH damage done.

Dreamer summons 3 daydreams, getting Wake condition to 3.

Next turn:

Mr Graves Show you the door on Dreamer for 6"

Dreamer moves 3 times for  24"

Dreamer shoot an enemy with shooting expert, triggering Wake 4 and waking up. Summoning a Chompy at 6" + base size (around 2")

Chompy got pushed 3 times by daydreams Ride Nightmare and a 4th time with a doppleganger copying Ride nightmare, for 16" of push

Chompy moves 2 times for 10" and then sacrifice himself to pop back again the Dreamer in Btb, gaining the basesize (around 1").

For a grand total of a couple of millimeters short of 65", if i have not messed up something.

Adding Lust's  Proper position, you can add 4" more if you want!

I think there's a minor sequencing problem.  Daydreams are Rare 3, so the Daydreams doing the pushing are the ones you just summoned.

Those daydreams were summoned within 6" of the dreamer.  The range on their push is 10".  They have a walk of 6.  So on the first turn they're 12" from the dreamer's position, on the second turn (if they each walk then Lead Nightmare), they're 18" from their starting position with a range of 10", so there's a 29.2" bubble from the Dreamer's starting position that they can push him from.

By the time you're trying to push Lord Chompy Bits using those Daydreams, he's 36" from where the Dreamer started, so he's outside of the push bubble.

All of that pushing still works, but you've got to do it to the Dreamer before he moves, or else assume that you're running in circles.

If you want to get Killjoy unburied really far on the first turn

• Killjoy starts the game buried
  • Tara uses Eternal Moment and runs 15" (using Scramble)
  • Student of Conflict gives a Malifaux Rat Fast
  • Rat Catcher gives the Rat a Reactivate
  • Death Marshal buries the Rat
  • Nix licks its balls in a very visible spot carrying Infectious Melodies
  • Tara activates again, runs 10" and unburies the Rat
  • Rat activates twice, getting Fast from Infectious Melodies on its second activation. It runs another 30" before it dies.
  • Killjoy unburies over 58" away from your deployment zone on turn 1.

You could get him further again by giving Tara Scout the Field or Oathkeeper.

With Hamelin you can drop Killjoy something like 60" away

• Hamelin uses Scout the field and burns Oathkeeper to move 14" 
  • He pulls the Obedient wretch towards him twice with Pipes and drops two Stolen
  • The Wretch pitches two rats at Hamelin, who then eat the Stolen
  • Four rats turn into a rat king
  • Johan walks and knocks slow off it
  • A Ratcatcher gets fast from Infectious Melodies, double walks and reactivates the Rat King
  • Rat King activates twice moving 15" and turning into a Rat Catcher and Rat
  • New Rat Catcher gets fast from Infectious Melodies, walks 5", drops the Rat in front of himself and reactivates it
  • The latest Rat double activates, gets fast second time and dies 20" further upfield

So 54" plus the bases of the Rat King, Rat Catcher, Rat and Killjoy.

You can get higher than Focused +10

• Have a Guild Hound stand near Dashel.
  • Perdita Obeys the Hound 3 times to give it Focused +3
  • Nephilim Influences it to get Focused +4
  • Brutal Emissary buries Nephilim and casts Influence Focused +5
  • Master Queek walks, Focused +6
  • Envy gives Focused +7
  • Abuela gives Focused +8
  • Hound activates and Focuses 3 times for Focused +11
  • Dashel Reactivates Hound, who focuses another 3 times for Focused +14

... and naturally while I was writing this, I also figured out a way to get even more Focus

• Warden near Dashel
  • Hoffman machine puppets the Warden 4 times giving Focused +4 and Fast
  • Warden activates and focuses 4 times for Focused +8
  • Death Marshal buries Hoffman
  • Malifaux Child machine puppets Brutal Emissary to machine puppet Warden for Focused +9 and gives it Fast
  • Brutal Emissary machine puppets the Warden 3 time giving it Focused +12 and Fast
  • Master Queek gives Focused +13
  • Dashel gives Warden Reactivate, and it takes 4 more focus for Focused +17

If you want a model really far from your deployment zone on turn one you can do the following

• Angelica talks a walk action at the beginning of the turn and one mannequin pushes into base contact with her.
  • Angelica activates and pushes the two Coryphees 5" forward
  • The mannequin next to Angelica activates and Walks to 14" in front of Colette.
  • Colette activates, Prompts one Coryphee to walk twice to get it 25" up the board. She then uses Disappearing Act to place herself in base contact with the Mannequin, netting her about 15" of movement.
  • The Captain activates, uses imbued energies, walks, pushes Malifaux Child, Colette and Cassandra 5" forward. Colette has now moved about 20".
  • The Coryphee in the back activates, walks, uses Dance Partner to be placed in front of the other Coryphee, drops Scheme marker as (0) action.
  • Malifaux Child walks and casts prompt on Colette giving her Reactivate, 3" push to 23" and causing her to use Disappearing Act to get to 29" up the board.
  • Cassandra activates, pops imbued energies, walks 3 times, Prompts the Coryphee in the front giving it Reactivate and having it walk once to about 36" up the board.
  • The Coryphee left behind activates, uses Dance Partner, drops scheme Marker as (0) action to 37" up the board, then walks another 6" to about 43" up the board.
  • The Coryphee with reactivate then activates, walks to 50" up the board.
  • Colette then activates again, pops imbued energies, uses Disappearing Act to get to that scheme marker and getting her about 38" up the board, and then casting prompt to the Coryphee left behind to have it walk to the other Coryphee, prompts again to form Coryphee Duet about 50" up the board, and prompts a third time to give the Duet Reactivate and having it walk to 60" up the board.
  • The duet can then activate twice and walk another 35" to reach a grand total of about 95" of movement.

And if you just want to get a single model really far without summoning anything, you could use McCabe

• Kamaitachi pushes Wandering River Monk 10"
  • Shadow Emissary tosses McCabe some upgrade pushing him 4" and also pushes Sensei Yu 4" and gives him Fast.
  • Sensei Yu activates, pushes McCabe 5", pushes Wandering River Monk twice for 10" and giving it Fast.
  • Two Austringers push McCabe and the monk 2" forward each.
  • McCabe runs past the Monk, gives it Reactivate, and tosses it 4 upgrades giving it 16" worth of pushes and Nimble.
  • The monk activates first time when it has moved 38". It has 7 ap for walking and 2 leaps, which means a total of 49" of movement. Add those two together and that's 87".
Edited by Myyrä
  • Like 3

Highest armor is actually quite boring. You get it by taking 9 nurses and Grave Spirit.

Each Nurse throws Armor +4 to your master or whatever model you prefer. Then at the end of turn Grave Sprit walks into base contact him, giving you Armor +38 that's saved until next turn. Rinse and repeat. The theoretical maximum gained this way is somewhere over Armor +400 if you go for full ten turns and use Tara to throw around some extra Downers or Fast.

1 hour ago, lusciousmccabe said:

You could get him further again by giving Tara Scout the Field or Oathkeeper.

That would require taking Hannah with her personal upgrade instead of the Death Marshal, which would be possible as there are enough SS left over.

However, it would be even more effective to replace the Rat with a Rat king.

• Killjoy starts the game buried
  • Tara uses Eternal Moment and runs 15" (using Scramble)
  • Student of Conflict gives a Rat King Fast
  • Rat Catcher gives the Rat King a Reactivate
  • Death Marshal buries the Rat King
  • Nix licks its balls in a very visible spot carrying Infectious Melodies
  • Tara activates again, runs 10" and unburies the Rat King
  • Rat King activates twice, running 20" forward and then summoning a Rat Catcher and a Rat
  • Rat Catcher activates, takes Fast from Infectious Melodies, walks, placers the Rat in base contact and gives it Reactivate. Rat is now over 53" up the board.
  • Rat activates twice, getting Fast from Infectious Melodies on its second activation. It runs another 20" before it dies.
  • Killjoy unburies over 75" away from your deployment zone on turn 1.

You could also obviously theoretically get Killjoy unburied infinitely far with From the Shadows models, but that isn't very interesting.

10 minutes ago, Bengt said:

Most damage in one go is perhaps eight nurses giving +4 Poison per AP for a couple of turns and a Performer setting it off with the Sip of Wine trigger.

I guess you want McMourning using Rancid Transplant for more Poison. His totem give a little poison with his attack and quite a lot with his :aura, which McM can collect together with Transfusion.

Sip of wine will win, but the next highest is possible with an Ice Golem doing 23 damage ( I think)

It requires bite of winter, red jokering a smash attack. Your opponent needs to be playing Jack Daw and a nurse, and have given the Ice golem the +2 damage but only Ml actions condition, and Jack needs to have cursed one of his own models with Firing squad injustice.  

2 hours ago, Adran said:

Mature Nephlim can beat that, thanks to its ability to do infinite charges for 1 AP. And it has the capability to burn through enough cards during those that it will cycle the Deck. 

Actually Rail Golem can go through the whole deck infinitely many times as well. I don't know where Shen Long got those numbers.

True, 11 cards that succeed (13 in Hoffman), and probably flipping 5+ cards each time over all, means that he is able to cycle the whole deck. he will need to hold the Black joker, where as the mature has slightly more less critical flips. 

Numbers appear to be based on 14 successes, which seems a randomly wrong choice but only using the whole deck once. 

*hand raised from the prat in the back*

I won't be able to borrow a Shifting Loyalties book for a little while, so two quick questions on the Brutal Emissary...

1. I had the idea that since it took the personalized upgrade to bury Lady J, that it couldn't bury masters by default, which takes 3 focuses off of the Hoffman focus optimization (1 of which can be restored for 6ss ((2ss for O.S.A. power tap sending Hoffman to 4AP per turn, 4ss for another construct to borrow that AP from)) ).

2. Bury-and-copy 0AP actions, or 1AP actions only?

20 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

*hand raised from the prat in the back*

I won't be able to borrow a Shifting Loyalties book for a little while, so two quick questions on the Brutal Emissary...

1. I had the idea that since it took the personalized upgrade to bury Lady J, that it couldn't bury masters by default, which takes 3 focuses off of the Hoffman focus optimization (1 of which can be restored for 6ss ((2ss for O.S.A. power tap sending Hoffman to 4AP per turn, 4ss for another construct to borrow that AP from)) ).

2. Bury-and-copy 0AP actions, or 1AP actions only?

True dat, but it's easy to fix by replacing Abuela with Death Marshal that buries Hoffman. Doesn't even lower the amount of focus gained.

I had OSA in the list I built for this, but apparently I forgot to include it in the calculations. I'm gonna edit the post to include these changes.

Brutal Emissary can only copy (1) actions.

• Like 1