Ramos and these guys

Stany

Hi all was just wondering have not played ramos as yet in m2e as I have to say I love Hamelin please don't shoot me down guys but I played Ramos in last edition a lot and loved him just dusted him off and his crew and going to get him running again so spent the morning looking over what you have been saying about him and his crew been some great advice I might be wrong here can't find anybody talking about using the gunsmiths and the soulstone miners with him in m2e I have two of each and loved them with Ramos in last edition I also have willie! People liking them find good use any advice on use and numbers in his crew? I always took a gunsmith and sometimes 2 I found great support to the crew and a nice bodyguard to ramos the game has changed but I'm fond of my gunsmiths and the soulstone miners cheers for any help

Now a days it is about cost. If you choose to use these you have to drop either langston or Joss.  New Ramos thrives off constructs and the soul stone miner fits these, yet the gunsmiths not so much.  They are still great but the cost it high.  I can see the soul stone miner being a good choice but I question the gunsmiths.  However I have not run either so far, as I tend to run spider heavy when I run Ramos.

Hope this helpes

I'd almost never hire heavy numbers of spiders with Ramos. He makes them so easily that is almost a waste to hire them.

The gunsmiths might be a decent choice with Ramos, as he is still lacking in ranged attacks. Honestly, though, I haven't found that he needs many soulstones. Fielding Joss, The Rail Golem and Howard fits most situations, with the mech rider fitting others really well. There are a few good objective grabbers you might want, and coryphee are awesome even if they don't duet.

Also, since he can summon mass spiders, you will probably spend more SS on upgrades than most other masters. and that's okay, because his upgrades are awesome.

I'd almost never hire heavy numbers of spiders with Ramos. He makes them so easily that is almost a waste to hire them.

The gunsmiths might be a decent choice with Ramos, as he is still lacking in ranged attacks. Honestly, though, I haven't found that he needs many soulstones. Fielding Joss, The Rail Golem and Howard fits most situations, with the mech rider fitting others really well. There are a few good objective grabbers you might want, and coryphee are awesome even if they don't duet.

Also, since he can summon mass spiders, you will probably spend more SS on upgrades than most other masters. and that's okay, because his upgrades are awesome.

And if you're taking GunSmiths, and you don't have a "kill em" Strategy, Powered by Flame is a great new addition to Ramos.

Run a Spider up. Spider goes stabby-stabby*. Success = burning. Ramos makes Spider go pop. Anyone who fails = 4 damage + burning. Gunsmiths go bang bang.

* Who do I have to kill to get 28mm scale CL4P-TP Claptrap models to use as Arachnids? The extreme annoyance my opponents would get as I continually quote from Borderlands would make my year. Though Arachnids do have Unimpeded, and stairs ARE a Claptrap's only weakness. Next to electrocution, and explosions, and gunfire, rust, corrosion, being kicked a lot, viruses, being called bad names, falling from great heights, drowning, adult onset diabetes, being looked at funny, heart attacks, exposure to oxygen, being turned down by women, and pet allergens!

• Like 1

I'm not sold on Gunsmiths in general, but that may be me playing them wrong. :)

One quick tip with Ramos / Gunsmiths.  Ramos can cast Electrical Fire at them, cheat to fail to meet the TN and therefore do no damage, the Gunsmith can then trigger Concealed Weapon and gain fast.

I've used the Soulstone Miner a bit and it's a solid 6ss objective runner. You need to be careful of the board you're using them on and I don't see you wanting to run two. I still think Molemen are more generally useful than the Miner though.

• 1 month later...

Have anyone been running Lazarus in a Ramos crew? Solid range support to beaters like Howard and Joss, but the selling point is that you can give out an additional reactivate if the crew brings the Brass Arachnid. It seems like Lazarus can reactivate himself too, which can mean double Automatic Fire. Sure, it is situational since you need two 10+ tomes.

Gunsmiths tend to be really good all round ranged models in my opinion but they tend to excel most when with a crew that can spread some burning for them. Their (0) The Hard Way makes them incredible against burning targets. Their multiple triggers mean they can fulfill a variety of roles and their defensive triggers can be very useful. This combined with Hard to Kill makes them pretty badass however seeing as Ramos' themed crew tends to lack the ability to put out a lot of burning it's often not considered an optimal choice for him to take them as he can't really get the best out of them without including some form of burning. 

Unfortunately Reactivate gets capped at once per model per turn.

I think what Eyzryder is getting at is you Auto-Fire with Lazarus then use Assimilate to copy the Brass Arachnids reactivate action and use it on himself, then re-activate and use Auto-Fire again, Assimilate the re-activate action yet again and give it to somebody else. Potentially this could be REALLY brutal if you have the cards to pull it off. 

• Like 1

I think what Eyzryder is getting at is you Auto-Fire with Lazarus then use Assimilate to copy the Brass Arachnids reactivate action and use it on himself, then re-activate and use Auto-Fire again, Assimilate the re-activate action yet again and give it to somebody else. Potentially this could be REALLY brutal if you have the cards to pull it off.

Ah I see! Thank you.

To me the default arcanist range model is the December Acolyte. I can see that if you got a crew based around burning the Gunsmith might be a better option but as a generic self-contained choice I think the Acokyfte does a better job. I've been using him a bit with Ramos and that works quite well. Especially with From the Shadows because you can then out him a little forward and slow down the opponent giving you more time to get your spiders in the board.

Have anyone been running Lazarus in a Ramos crew? Solid range support to beaters like Howard and Joss, but the selling point is that you can give out an additional reactivate if the crew brings the Brass Arachnid. It seems like Lazarus can reactivate himself too, which can mean double Automatic Fire. Sure, it is situational since you need two 10+ tomes.

Oh that's Brutal.. 

Yeah that is quite nasty but if you can get it working, dang.

I am not sold on gunsmiths either.  You may not have burning that they synergy with, and furthermore my personal feeling is that if I'm bringing a model whose role is "shoot stuff" or "kill stuff", I really want to be able to count on better than minimum 2.

Soulstone Miner though, definitely a solid objective grabber on the right board.

And if you're taking GunSmiths, and you don't have a "kill em" Strategy, Powered by Flame is a great new addition to Ramos.

Run a Spider up. Spider goes stabby-stabby*. Success = burning. Ramos makes Spider go pop. Anyone who fails = 4 damage + burning. Gunsmiths go bang bang.

* Who do I have to kill to get 28mm scale CL4P-TP Claptrap models to use as Arachnids? The extreme annoyance my opponents would get as I continually quote from Borderlands would make my year. Though Arachnids do have Unimpeded, and stairs ARE a Claptrap's only weakness. Next to electrocution, and explosions, and gunfire, rust, corrosion, being kicked a lot, viruses, being called bad names, falling from great heights, drowning, adult onset diabetes, being looked at funny, heart attacks, exposure to oxygen, being turned down by women, and pet allergens!

This made me stupidly happy