Please errata Myranda to a 50mm base

decker_cky

Thanks for the suggestion. That's sort of the idea I've been playing around with for this, but it's tough because the nightmare hanged are so fragile. Not only will they almost be touching the ground, but the extra handling in switching bases all the time could be enough to create issues.

Regardless, I've been playing around with this some more, and will post some more pictures tonight with the expanded concept.

Edited by decker_cky

Well, if you're comfortable with actually making it taller, and a fair bit of additional modelling and greenstuff work, you could go for a look often found in the world of bonsai, where the tree is growing over a rock, with roots that hug the rock down to the ground below. Google 'bonsai over rock' and browse through the images for some ideas.

The trick would be using a rock that looks natural while tapering back down to a 30mm base, and then having it all weighted properly so there's no danger of tipping. And then making it all of a size that's still usable, rather than just diorama material.

It does look like a great start, will be interesting to see how it goes.

I'd let you use it in game like that as long as Myranda was about Ht7 or so!!

So by that logic, you'd be fine with Ht7 domesticate, right?

marcus_zpsaf01598b.jpeg

And if Marcus and Myranda are going to be playing in the trees, who's going to stop their pet kitten from getting in on the fun?

cerberus1_zpsf22d94cd.jpeg

cerberus2_zps5116a099.jpeg

And who can keep that dirty ape Cojo from getting in on the action?

cojo_zps5894322e.jpeg

And what's that coiled up in the branches? Why it's the dreaded tree rattler!

rsr1_zpsd70f6da9.jpeg

rsr2_zpsebb4ceb9.jpeg

A bunch of these conversions are only half done, but I had fun messing around with the models so far.

I must say though...not the cheapest project if I didn't have everything ready to go already - there's over $100 of basing materials being used here!