Models, models everywhere...

valhallan42nd

Below this little text block are the models that got me into Malifaux. I'm a big L5R player, and I purchased the Kirai set as a possible antagonist model for my PCs, essentially as a courtier that had turned into a Maho sorcerer. I was big into 40k at the time, and I had no intention of getting into Malifaux.

kbcWK7s.jpg

0YS9xRLh.jpg

I painted her up, and I was pretty satisfied with her. I, for giggles, decided to try playing the game in the waning moments of 1.5. And I liked it more than I could have imagined. Dice betray me so often it hurts, and the "cards as dice substitute" mechanic and complexity of each model intrigued me. So I played Kirai pretty heavily with my gaming group until going to Gencon last year.

• Like 3

At Gencon I picked up Mei Feng, Misaki, and Rasputina. My plan was to get Misaki and Mei Feng painted up ASAP so I'd have a very flexible 10t group I could play with and then branch out into Raspy. Raspy, of course, had other plans.

Raspy I bought because of my love for all things with ushankas. If there's a fur hat wearing, winter obsessed faction in a wargame I play, I'll have to own it. I have 3000 points of Valhallans in 40k, a decent starter force of Khador, and now Raspy. And of course once I got home, I chucked all my best laid plans in the bin and started painting her first.

URlB4azh.jpg

CEfPVg9h.jpg

fIQJT4qh.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Very nice! I like the green effect you did for all the ghosts!

I'm fond of it too, though sometimes I feel like I'm running a crew full of Scooby Doo villains. :)

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Very nice work.  I especially like Sebastian and that great looking saw! I would like to see more of the Chihuahua.  I had not thought of raising it up some.  

Yeah, since my bases are greenstuff, plastic glue wouldn't really hold him to the base, so I had to do something with him. Otherwise he's snap off every time my mongo hands tried to pick him up. So I had this barrel greenstuffed from a mold that I got from Happy Seppuku, and I thought that would be perfect to use as a thing to put him on. So I pick him up by the barrel instead.

xCluxTC.jpg

• Like 1

That is a great idea.  My issue with him is that the model is so small, it doesn't look right by itself on the base.  I will be doing something similar to this.

Great work!  

Also, thanks  for the additional picture!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...