Malifaux Carry Case

Phototoxin

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could post pictures (or link me to pictures) of the TRAYS that come in the malifaux battlefoam case. I'm tempted to get one but wonder if it will be sufficient to hold my bigger models (nekima, slate ridge mauler, blessed of december) ?

Any info on this will receive an internetz and cookies.

The fabric bags themselves are the highist quality I have seen. The foam is alright although it can be a little 'hard' on the paint compared to softer foams.

Go for a custom load out or thicker pluck trays.I believe the standard load out comes with 2 trays that are 1" deep, about 25mm. The smallest Malifaux base is 30mm.

I have always used there pluck foam and have chopped it up and glued it back together a few times. It is sturdy but do plan carefully.

I have used tool boxes, plastic cases from hobby stores (Michaels, HobbyLobby), and finally broke down and got a large BattleFoam case. While it was expensive, it has a ton of room and the tray top left tray has 41 minitures in it. The two on the bottom are pluck foam. The bag is great. That said, I still have models that have broken while using the foam. Usually from them getting snagged in the foam when I put them in or take them out.

Here's a picture:

post-11773-13911931363613_thumb.jpg

Personally I prefer KR cases as the foam is much softer and there is more flexibility with the trays.

I've been working with KR Multicase to work out which model fits in which tray, and this has resulted in recommending that they make 2 new trays for Malifaux. One is a shallower version of a new tray for models that are wide but not that deep. The other is an accessory tray that will take cards, counters/markers, soulstones and tape measure.

Should be available in November utilising their Autofill software.

So the last one will take stuff like the slate ridge mauler and nekima?

yes it will. You will need to pluck a form around them to leave support for things like Nekima wings.

As others has said... the foam in the Mali case is harder then Id like it to been (rubs paint off.) But I love my case for the who "representing" factor.

I have both Battlefoam and KR cases. The KR case is one of the aluminum sided ones with a latch as, being a serious collector and painter for about 25 years, I am just not going to put things that I spent hours assembling and painting into a cheesy cardboard box!

While more expensive, I do prefer my Battlefoam cases. The foam is stiffer, but I have not noticed any paint rubbing off of my models (I do follow a good sealing regimen, if that helps). The KR foam is very soft, but also has nothing to support the tray from underneath to compensate. I pull out my KR trays and they are all floppy, I pull out my Battlefoam trays and they hold their shape.

The big perk, for me at least, for Battlefoam is the pockets- a lifesaver if you are carrying your figs at cons and tournaments and want to keep your hands free!