New slotless 30mm bases!

decker_cky

Might just not have looked in the right place, but for all the things people have commented about, I haven't seen anyone really make a point about how nice these are. Makes it much nicer to do basing on them, and branded by Wyrd on the bottom to boot.

Also, because the mold is now made, I imagine there'll be translucent coloured slotless bases following before too long, which will make for nice easy counters.

Might just not have looked in the right place, but for all the things people have commented about, I haven't seen anyone really make a point about how nice these are. Makes it much nicer to do basing on them, and branded by Wyrd on the bottom to boot.

Also, because the mold is now made, I imagine there'll be translucent coloured slotless bases following before too long, which will make for nice easy counters.

They had said they were going to transition to these once their stock of slotted bases ran out.

Maybe we'll also get orange translucent bases, plus some other color for the Gremlins.

Also makes it easier to magnetize the bases as well

They sure will be.

Yeah we're making our way through previous stock (would be a shame just to toss it) and the 30mm went first. We're pretty close on the others as well and soon they will all be slotless and then we'll move on to the translucent and the like.

We'll add in the other faction colors and some other fun ones as well.

Yeah we're making our way through previous stock (would be a shame just to toss it) and the 30mm went first. We're pretty close on the others as well and soon they will all be slotless and then we'll move on to the translucent and the like.

We'll add in the other faction colors and some other fun ones as well.

Good to hear. Is clear on that list, by any chance? I want to do up at least one crew, maybe Tara's, on clear bases. That or I'm going to blend the models into their bases with whichever colors I go with.

Plain clear bases could be masked and shot with two candy clears (Minitaire Ghost Tints, for example) to make dual factions clear colored bases that might ultimately be cheaper for players (or cheaper for Wyrd and therefore cheaper for players) as most minions are not dual factioned, but instead are brought in with an Infiltration exception or whatnot, so there are comparatively very few models that need them, and thus lower units sold would equal higher unit price it would seem. (ie the only yellow/blue bases people would probably buy would be four, one for Mei and three for Railworkers, as not even Kang needs one)

Edited by Fenton Crack
Spelling

Jake Thornton wrote a great post about the advantages of basing miniatures on transparent bases:

http://quirkworthy.com/2013/02/26/clea-base-technology/

I think for a skirmish game, the advantages of using models on transparent bases are at their most significant. In malifaux, you want to be able to play on a snow covered landscape, in a western town, in a marsh, and in many other types of terrain. Skirmish games lend themselves to extensive basing because there's few miniatures and you can do a lot, but they also lend themselves to neutral bases, because you look at the miniatures and use them in a wide variety of 'climates'.

Jake Thornton wrote a great post about the advantages of basing miniatures on transparent bases:

http://quirkworthy.com/2013/02/26/clea-base-technology/

I think for a skirmish game, the advantages of using models on transparent bases are at their most significant. In malifaux, you want to be able to play on a snow covered landscape, in a western town, in a marsh, and in many other types of terrain. Skirmish games lend themselves to extensive basing because there's few miniatures and you can do a lot, but they also lend themselves to neutral bases, because you look at the miniatures and use them in a wide variety of 'climates'.

It's a very good point, and it shows off Terraclips even better.