Outcast #7 thoughts

EntrepeNinja

I posted a Arcanist #7 speculation thread over on the Arc forum, and had a bunch of potentials, and whisperings of "who could it be!", but remembering that we lost the gremlins, picked up tara and Misaki, we're still one master down for our supposed "7 master" cap. We've got a cross class (Tara), and we've got our 10k (Misaki), which means we've got an opening, and no one to fill the void!

I wracked my brain trying to think of characters that were in stories that could become outcast masters, but I'm sort of drawing a blank. We've got a bunch of strong merc personalities, but many of them have already come out (Bishop, Johan, Hans), so it doesn't look like anyone is getting a promotion.

There are some wildcards- Killjoy is already out, and he terrifying enough as just a enforcer, and the only real lore character I can think of that has the kind of pull to be a greater influence on the world is Jack Daw, but I can't think of how he might lead a crew. (Save for a crew of hanged, or other spirits...?)

At this point, he's my best guess... I guess. But I have no idea how he'd play as a core concept. You can sort of build a team around him, but how do you build a team with him at it's head? Or is there someone I totally missed? Speculation of course, but it's decisions like these that excite me the most about wave two. Models we know and love are coming back, and that's awesome, but we're gonna get to see some fresh faces, as well. Which makes me very excited!

ENinja

During Beta (I don't know now, as I don't have the arsenal decks yet) there was a new trait, TORMENTED, and it was included in Hanged, Nurses and Papa Loco, among others. It was rumoured that they could be part of a possible Jack Daw crew. I don't know, I can see him leading a lot of insane models.

During Beta (I don't know now, as I don't have the arsenal decks yet) there was a new trait, TORMENTED, and it was included in Hanged, Nurses and Papa Loco, among others. It was rumoured that they could be part of a possible Jack Daw crew. I don't know, I can see him leading a lot of insane models.

Tormented still exists. If any thing it is on more things I think.

My money is on Jack Daw.

My money is on Jack Daw. Not only

was he a sacrifice for sealing the first Breach and is obvoiusly tormented,
but he's also got a ton of rules and he would be the hardest minion to convert to M2E rules if he wasn't a master. Edited by Linus Mcmold
I'm losing words again

But that wouldn't make any sense. Both of those two got strong ties to Ramos, and on reading Johan's blurb I was a little confused as to why he was M&SU in the first place.

I am in complete agreement! Why is he all of a sudden a rogue miner with a clandestine mine that beat back the advances of the M&SU when confronted with his "scab" ways?

I loved in book 3 (I think) when Lady J goes to see Ramos (or was it Sonnia) and they go to a mining camp... Howards there and such, and Johan, who is described as the "roughest" miner who doesn't back down when the others do, even when Ramos says it's okay.

I understand wanting to make him and Outcast and not even a Dual faction Outcast/Arcanist (which I would have supported), but then to keep the M&SU ties as some nod to all those Arcanist players that might grumble about losing a standard 1.5 model... doesn't pass my sniff test.

Oh well, good thing I play Outcasts and Arcanists!

I understand wanting to make him and Outcast and not even a Dual faction Outcast/Arcanist (which I would have supported), but then to keep the M&SU ties as some nod to all those Arcanist players that might grumble about losing a standard 1.5 model... doesn't pass my sniff test.

He's a mercenary, so he can still be hired in Arcanist crews without much problem.

I sort of like the distinction. He can still be hired by the Arcanists, but he's not one of Ramos' men, per se.