Miss Step

Rathpex

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of those models work well with Ramos, Miss Step is simply a resculpt of Howard Langston (steamborg executioner) that even comes in Ramos' crew box. The Rail Golum is also a construct so can work well in a Ramos crew, but probably works best with Mei Fang IMHO in a Foundry / burning crew. It is also possible to run both of them with Levi if you running a Levi with contructs crew.

Edited by Fenton Crack
Spelling

Rail Golem works very well with Ramos, and Howard Langston works okay with Mei Feng.

The big issue with Rail Golem +Howard(or Miss Step) is cost--Ramos, at least is going to want to take max upgrades, and by the time you bring Rail Golem and Howard, that's close to half your budget. The good news is that if you bring something small and construct, you can make more models with Ramos.

Mei feng, on the other hand, benefits a lot from hiring a lot of smaller models, unless you need a big beatstick. The good news is that, as near as I can see, in an arcanist Mei Feng crew, you could easily use Howard(or Miss step, if you prefer) in place of the Rail Golem, depending on which will work better for your schemes.

To echo what the others have said. If you want to use both of those models a Ramos crew is probably where you want to be. They'll work in other crews but they fit best with Ramos.

Ramos is the old engineer who heads up the Miners and Steamfitters Union, he also builds steam powered metal spiders.

Who doesn't love steam powered metal spiders?

Completely off topic, but man... it's so refreshing seeing Ramos get the respect he deserves, without needing his avatar :)

I agree that if you want to take two heavy beaters (which both Miss Step and the Rail Golem are) you probably want to look more at Ramos, since he can easily be run in super-support mode to make his big beaters even better, with :+fate flips to both attack and damage within 8" of him, healing his big dudes and creating small spiders to harass the enemy and grab objectives.

Who doesn't love steam powered metal spiders?

Steam powered metal flys...

Putting both Miss Step and the Rail golem into a crew is mighty spendy. But having both will give you different options and dimensions of play to choose from. Then again rampaging around with a bunch of big guys can be loads of fun. And Ramos is the master to do it with.

Not going to lie. My typical 50 SS crew is Joss, the Rail Golem, Howard, an electric creation or spider, and electric screen, with a choice between other upgrades. Then I put an upgrade or two on most of the bigger models.

It works quite well for most strategies, and even if they focus on killing off one of my bigger models, I still have two others to bring the hurt with while my string of spiders comes up and completes objectives.

A warning: Howard Langston is a pain to put together, and I figured Miss Step would be much easier due to "advanced engineering," since she is plastic and thougt she might have slots or tabs to make it easier, but she is a pain to put together too and has tiny bits in the hair and tubes for the additional potential of lost parts.

Hopefully I won't need the tweezers.

From looking at the quality of the plastics, I should be able to use plastic glue.

We get an awesome one in Australia called Revell Contacta Professional. It is in a blue bottle with a yellow head and a needle applicator.

It is very precise and I have assemble led about 8000 points of warhammer models using it. Just a pity I only ever painted up about about 2000 of them!