• 2x Death Marshals 12ss (6ss per)

Upgrades

Tara

• Knowledge of Eternity 2ss
  • Dead of Winter 1ss
  • Scramble 2ss

The Nothing Beast

• Scramble 2ss

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

So I am very very impressed with Tara and her crew box, and now even more so after I found out she could hire Death Marshals with Dead of Winter upgrade. She is a scenario beast able to move her team quickly across the board with Temporal Shift and stopping the enemy with Lost Instants at interacts. Wretches and Da Beast provide the melee muscle. Tara, Death Marshals, and Karina are in the mid range with the bruising Peace Makers. Hans sits in the back pinging away. The real underlying synergy is locking down with and then punishing the Buried targets.

What do you all think?

Edited by Cer0

Having gotten a few games in at Gencon with Tara, I can confirm that as expected, she's a beast for schemes. Cheap, speedy incorporeal minions combined with her ability to hand out fast and to bury transport models gives you a supreme amount of speed. I was running something similar, with the only change being who to fit in that second hitter role. I have been getting good mileage out of Taelor, though Hans should be very effective as well.

Actually yeah I did, but their defense is linked to how empty your hand is, which is nice when there are only 2-3 models with that but can be annoying when your entire field depends on it. Also Glimpse of the Void can only bury 1 target no matter how many models have it, so it feels pretty redundant. It would make the Voiceless Words upgrade pretty amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

New list

Master: Tara 2ss cache

Totem

•Karina 5ss

Enforcer

•The Nothing Beast 10ss

•Hans 8ss

Minions

•3x Void Wretch 12ss (4ss per)

•2x Death Marshals 12ss (6ss per)

Upgrades

Tara

•Knowledge of Eternity 2ss

•Dead of Winter 1ss

•Obliteration Symbiote 2ss

Got to play a couple of games with this list and its something stupid. Obliteration Symbiote is absolutely amazing, by using Pine Box to bury your own crew you can then use Tara to gate them right to where she is at. Also Tara's Eternal Moments allows her to move 20" per turn full out. Wretches are weak when attacked early in a turn but beasts if left till later. Hans is brillant nothing more nothing less. The Nothing Beast is amazing when it finally gets in range of its abilities, but pretty weak when it comes to early turn ranged. However he really seems to shine when gated in via Tara's upgrade. The Marshals are solid, as is Karina. All in all there is some very broken things that this crew can do.

New list

Totem

•Karina 5ss

Enforcer

•The Nothing Beast 10ss

•Hans 8ss

Minions

Upgrades

Tara

•Dead of Winter 1ss

Got to play a couple of games with this list and its something stupid. Obliteration Symbiote is absolutely amazing, by using Pine Box to bury your own crew you can then use Tara to gate them right to where she is at. Also Tara's Eternal Moments allows her to move 20" per turn full out. Wretches are weak when attacked early in a turn but beasts if left till later. Hans is brillant nothing more nothing less. The Nothing Beast is amazing when it finally gets in range of its abilities, but pretty weak when it comes to early turn ranged. However he really seems to shine when gated in via Tara's upgrade. The Marshals are solid, as is Karina. All in all there is some very broken things that this crew can do.

This is almost the list I would play if I was using her as Outcast. I've been using her as rezzer, and she has some things that I wouldn't call broken, but if your opponent isn't aware of them can be very frustrating. As far as taking 3 Void wretch's I'm not sure its necessary, but I have also considered taking 6 of them :)

As an Outcast I'd say drop 1 death marshall and 1 void wretch to get KillJoy, but that's just me. Good list though.

New list

Totem

•Karina 5ss

Enforcer

•The Nothing Beast 10ss

•Hans 8ss

Minions

Upgrades

Tara

•Dead of Winter 1ss

Are you still playing 50ss? This list is at 52.

~Lil Kalki

This is almost the list I would play if I was using her as Outcast. I've been using her as rezzer, and she has some things that I wouldn't call broken, but if your opponent isn't aware of them can be very frustrating.

Would you please elaborate on that? Outcast Tara is fairly straightforward, but Rezzer Tara still eludes me. That said, it may be because I don't have my rezzer deck yet. :/

1) Hire 1 or more big models. If you can hire ones that can be taken advantage of without activating in some way that is better.

2) Activate Tara and do stuff with her.

3) Take advantage of your monster if you can. One example, utilize a Desolation engine and Steam Abominations and Rusty Alyce. Steam Abominations hit the Engine for wounds to draw cards. Alyce gives it burn out.

4) Bury you Monster in some way.

5) Move Tara up field. She unburies the monster, and if advantageous with an enemy in range, gives it fast.

5b) Monster activates immediately and most likely charges straight into the enemy crew.

Think of Tara as a more limited version of the Dreamer from the last edition. She can Ferry Buried models around and fling them one at a time at the enemy. In addition she is really good, herself, at getting objectives done, with her potential 6 AP per turn.

Actually it's 54, since he has 2ss cache. Yeah that seems a little high, good catch.

I have 47 points of units and 5 points of Upgrades for total of 52 points in that crew. Technically I have 54 points to build the crew with, 50 + 4 cache. My numbers should be right.

Would you please elaborate on that? Outcast Tara is fairly straightforward, but Rezzer Tara still eludes me. That said, it may be because I don't have my rezzer deck yet. :/

I can see some pretty nasty interactions if you throw Bette Noir into the mix....