New Malifaux Solicitation: University of Transmortis

Wicked Lance

Definitely something I and my group are excited for.

It'll be curious if there ends up being one per faction, what the rate of release is like, and how much I can resist the five 'off-faction' ones. Tempting as it'd be to have them all for the solo play options alone (the jokes just write themselves here), at that (or similar) price point(s), along with the terraclips boxes I'd still like to get, it'd get pricey, even spread out across a number of months.

Well, no need to get ahead of myself just yet. First to see if anyone in my group ends up getting it (I suspect at least one will, and we have 3 players dabbling in Ressers), probably decide for myself once I see it in person and can flip through the book.

I wouldn't be surprised by an extension of the campaign rules. It would also make sense to see Henchman upgrade statuses for minions given that there are currently models which "can not be promoted to henchman." This book/pack does seem like a tie in to Through the Breach, as others have already suggested. I'll be per-ordering this as soon as it is available to do so.

If you're referring to Drifter from the Ronin, I heard they removed that ability in book 1.5.

I'd love to see at least unique named minions that tend to be protegees, or maybe even Rare 1s be able to be upgraded with a template of some sort, but I think they dropped that idea.

Besides, with the campaign rules, it's possible to make a minion far better than a master or henchman, as Minions may equip any number of Upgrades.

Take something already arguably nasty / in need of henchman status *cough nekima cough* and grant them Epiphany: This model gains Use Soulstones. Maybe tack on some extra, situational healing with Expanded Pallet: Graverobber. (1) “Jerky Time!”: This model discards any number of carried Corpse Counters. Heal this model 1 Wd per Corpse Counter discarded.

Terrain would be a nice addition. We now have the Hanging Tree. I'd like to see official Wyrd versions of some of the other special terrain items and markers from the encounter rules.

There's a terrain option to the Hanging Tree, made by Wyrd? And yeah, more pieces to the special terrains. Maybe also objective markers,

If you're referring to Drifter from the Ronin, I heard they removed that ability in book 1.5.

I'd love to see at least unique named minions that tend to be protegees, or maybe even Rare 1s be able to be upgraded with a template of some sort, but I think they dropped that idea.

Besides, with the campaign rules, it's possible to make a minion far better than a master or henchman, as Minions may equip any number of Upgrades.

Take something already arguably nasty / in need of henchman status *cough nekima cough* and grant them Epiphany: This model gains Use Soulstones. Maybe tack on some extra, situational healing with Expanded Pallet: Graverobber. (1) “Jerky Time!”: This model discards any number of carried Corpse Counters. Heal this model 1 Wd per Corpse Counter discarded.

Yeah, Drifter is removed in 1.5.

And I must comp on these ideas: I remember that some firms have made campaign/scenario packs w. terrain, rules (and with the exception of GW) models to be used in said scenarios/campaigns (okay, in some cases even GW released the minis later). Anyhow, special campaigns, scenarios, Strategies (eg. the Halloween and Christmas ones we have already) are fun and full of character. And yeah, more Mindless Zombie-minis would be awesome, so that we don't need to *gasp* resort to other companies.

Let's see what happens... All factions would get their own characters and alt. sculpts, liking the idea. Then Wyrd too would get more releases and time to hone their minis and Strategies, give us more of Malifaux. More, more.... :P

Edited by HtUnliving

From p. 87 of the Rules Manual:

Hanging Tree: Place a 50mm, Ht 6 blocking terrain feature. The tree is Terrifying -> 12 and has a range of 2".

For our games, we've used the 50mm Nathan and Eric the Hanged as listed, while we've increased the Terrifying range to 3" on the main one. If you want to give the main tree a base size to make measuring from it uniform, 90mm would probably work best.

for anything to have any lasting success i'm afraid , at least at first it's going to need to tie in with the tabletop game . I'm perfectly fine with this, I think we could use a few new models for each faction every year. Also I don't wanna see this product fall flat on it's face.

• 1 month later...

I would like to see the same kind of release using the story in Book 4 with the Victorian Dolls. The "Collodi" possible henchman. I don't have the book in front of me, but I thought it was some kind of Baron or the like with his carriage of dolls. The dolls in that story were very nice and creepy and I could see the same kind of story encounter with them anywhere on the road. Here's hoping!