Gujozec

• 2 weeks later...

Good idea with removing the spikes from Sybelle's whip. They seemed a bit over the top to me and the mini just looks better without them.

The painting is excellent, as always. I particularly like Sybelle's skin tone and the way you painted the shadows there.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I actually like your Seamus better than my Seamus. If I remember right they were both in the Things That Go Bump In The Night category?

I am really liking how much "life" you gave those Belles! I also like the painting on the Ronin even though I don't like the models themselves. Looking at their picture next to the Belles makes me appreciate the proportions more on the Belles and makes me wonder why the legs are so out of proportion looking on the Ronin.

What colors are those skin tones? They look really nice!

Yes, RagingRodian, both our Seamuses were in the same category. :)

The sickly skin of the Belles and Sybelle is basecoated with a mix of Tallarn and Rakhart Flesh, washed with watered down Agrax Earthshade, highlighted with lighter mixes of the base colour (I think I also put some Vallejo Off White in for the final highlights). The dark reddish colour you can see in some places, like where skin meets clothing, is a quite watered down mix of Mephiston Red and Abaddon Black, applied where I needed it in the end. Avatar Seamus' skin was done in a very similar way.

Skin of the Ronins and other living men and women starts as Tallarn Flesh, gets washed with very diluted Agrax Earthshade and layered with several T.Flesh+ Off White mixes. I think that's about it.

And now, Seamus time:

seamus1.jpg

That means my Redchapel crew is now done. Pop down to the blog for more angles of Seamus, and a couple of crew group shots.

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

Well... probably never. I use the puppet in her stead.

The next thing I'll be painting is a trio of Punk Zombies. They're assembled, their heads shaved, and they're waiting on my desk. I bought the Nicodem box in the Black Friday sale, and it's time to give it some attention.