Izamu

noob

I just bought him because I read his fluff and I "needed" to buy a new model.

I just want to verify though, he can run with Yan Lo if Yan Lo is running as Ten Thunders, correct?

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

And if he does run with Yan Lo (which I pray he does or I am throwing the model away/giving it to some random gamer), does he count as a 10T model?

To be fair Kirai cannot do it reliably.

Only the lost lost can cast that spell, which has a 2" range, and there are only 4 cards in the entire deck which will allow the lost love to successfully cast it, including the red joker. It's a spell the Lost love cannot use SS on, and Izamu will have to stay next to the Lost love for as long as it takes to draw one of those 4 cards. If it takes multiple turns those are turns Izamu isn't doing anything, because presumably the Lost Love is hanging around near the back. If Kirai is forced to use the Lost Love's get out of Death Free Card due to normal play, or if you never get one of the cards needed its a wasted tactic and investment.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, or that it isn't an amazing combo when it's successful, I just don't think its something that is going to happen enough times to make it something that can be just taken for granted that it's going to happen.

I think Yan Lo's ability to recycle him almost at will is a much stronger, and much more valid reason to fear Izamu.

This combo came up a lot when dead rider was released. Same idea but rarely works as planed. Basicly have to be willing to take him and plan on it not working. worst part is even when you get the card you need you want to use it for kirai. High crows are few and powerfull for kirai.

Edited by tadaka

I think Yan Lo's ability to recycle him almost at will is a much stronger, and much more valid reason to fear Izamu.

I can agree with that.

I didn't like the trick with Kirai turning the Dead Rider into a spirit, and I don't like it now.

Edited by Mehter