New Range of Buildings from Sarissa

Clousseau

• 2 weeks later...
according to their website, it's free postage worldwide over 50ukp

I've just ordered one of the Plantation buildings to see what the scale/quality is like - will post pics :)

The scale isn't that bad actually (especially when you subtract the height of the bases from the model). There are a few pictures on their site as well as on here that show them in action (and for scale).

I have been drooling over the Western range for some time and now that the plantation set is here, Som'er demands I purchase him a proper head quarters.

The Old West Heroic buildings are probably about 15% bigger than the standard 28mmm. Sarissa seem to have relabelled the Old West buildings that they originally sold as 28mm and they are now called 25mm. They don't appear to have changed the dimensions on the website to reflect this difference but they are noticeably different in size.

The Heroic are definitely a better fit with Malifaux, and are what was used at the UK GT this year. I received one of the smaller buildings as a prize. My concern with the other 28mm buildings would be whether they are to scale with the Wild West Heroic or the Wild West 28mmm (now renamed 25mm).

Edited by Serigala

• 2 weeks later...

I received my plantation building today and just spent a hour building it and i'm impressed - here's some pics for scale/quality purposes:

20121126_145853.jpg

20121126_161521.jpg

20121126_171458.jpg

20121126_171511.jpg

20121126_171549.jpg

20121126_171621.jpg

Inside:

20121126_171656.jpg

There's also internal walls, which I may change and reduce down, as the rooms are a bit small.

20121126_171724.jpg

Think the scale is pretty bob on and I think I'll be picking up a couple more - just got to work out how many I would need for a good table layout.

I'm really dissapointed in this model - because I'm going to find it difficult to resist buying yet more buildings..

Looks great by the way - how are you going to paint it?

Yeah - I just can't decide which range to go for - I have one wild west, and now this one, and I was also tempted by the city block ones.

Think I'm going to go with these though - just to be different.

Not sure how to paint them up, gonna have to do a bit of research - initial thoughts would be red brick for the base and whitewashed walls but dunno how that'd look.