Mysterious Effigy

Webmonkey

Could i ask for a photo of the front from level with it to see it more clearly? :)

But i think it looks great, for mine i keep just thinking purple (i sort of love the colour and an excuse to use it on an entire model is to much to resist) But yours fits really well for a Collodi theme, and really liking thee white, very clean :)

I really like the color scheme and the painting looks very nice. I'd suggest trying photos in natural sunlight without using the flash, you should be able to get much better quality of your pics that way. Also, you could try a more coherent background - just a white sheet of paper would be a good start.

Looks lovely. Really lovely. Crisp white, great red and black. Wooden bits are thematic but not overpowering. Almost perfect :P Really lovely...

So lovely infact, I may just go and buy the model.

Original colour scheme is amazing though, and would fit right with my neverborn. (Or anyone's neverborn) so painting it like yours is definitely a interesting option :P

Great job! I like the colors.

To take better pics, set your camera (or even camera phone) to macro (so you can hold the button, let it focus, then snap the shot), and use a Ghetto Jug for better lighting.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?25204-The-ballad-of-a-Midnight-Painter

I've actually tried the whole Ghetto Jug thing,.. but somehow I can't seem to get the distance from the camera to the figure correct. If I pull the fig forward, I get a weird green hue in the photo image,.. and if I push it back futher, it gets a weird red hue. (see images below for reference) It may have to do with the overhead lightsource or something,... perhaps the color of the light spectrum affecting the image?

post-8871-13911924884966_thumb.jpg

post-8871-13911924885812_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome there. Well executed. I might do the same with mine (planning to let the dolls be a bit more...unique than most of my Neverborn).

So, is the inspiration Harley Quinn or Shaco? :P

Thanks for the comments everyone. Actually, the inspiration wasn't Harley Quinn or Shaco. My inspiration came from the model itself. I was looking at the 4 "diddley-bobs" coming off the top, (not quite sure of the actual names of those things), and thought to myself that they looked an awful lot like a jester's hat. Overall,.. I'm pleased with the results.

Could i ask for a photo of the front from level with it to see it more clearly? :)

But i think it looks great, for mine i keep just thinking purple (i sort of love the colour and an excuse to use it on an entire model is to much to resist) But yours fits really well for a Collodi theme, and really liking thee white, very clean :)

Here's a bit of a lower profile pic,.. as per your request. Hope it helps. I did a bit more of a top-down in the originals,.. sorta to show off my custom wood bases. Not to hard to make out of green stuff,.. or grey stuff, as it were. Also tried to take the pic against a less busy background as has been suggested by others.

post-8871-13911924886776_thumb.jpg

I really like it! Especially the wood (because mine is not half as good).

Thanks. It's always nice to be appreciated. New pics to be posted soon,.. as I'm currently experimenting with new picture methods. Feel free to follow the current posting/dicussion on photography in the miniature matters section.