Some Resser love!

Zephir

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh, I thought Steampunk Abominations go a bit too far... but I simply don't play Levi. With Yin I'll simply have to proxy. I think it'll be my first Malifaux proxy.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Penagalan's are eastern style vampires whose head and visceral organs detach from their bodies at night, flying around to attack kill and eat any innocent victims they can uncover.

Actually South-Eastern Asia. Malaysia, Indonesia and such. Tibet and Nepal have their own share of flying severed heads, but they are a bit different.

I'm not sure why someone would call those eastern-style vampires. Is drinking blood enough for that now? Because that's what every second monster does, not to mention evil men and women. Eastern-style vampires are simply vampires these days. :D

Just had some info delivered for Yin,

She has Terror score of 12, and is wicked. She has an ability that is similar to Zoraida's proper Manners, but only for Attack Flips. She has an ability that takes Wp down by 1 if yo are engaged with her. She has a 0 action spell that stacks a -1 Wp every time an enemy within range of the aura fails a Wp duel, a spell that can give a friendly model with Terror Anathema, and a spell that only works on 30mm Ht 1 and 2 models which does a little dmg, gives them slow, and gives her melee attacks against that target a Ram, which is the suit needed for a trigger that can be and only used on disengaging strikes, which gives her a positive twist on the dmg flip.

Stat Wise she is a decent speed, has a good Wp, and a good Df. I think on paper she looks really good. For her cost, which is a little pricey I'm surprised she doesn't have an action modifier. I'm very eager to see if, once she's on the table, if that will seem to matter as it seems the goal is to get her up and engaged, and use her terror and disengaging strikes to mess with the enemy.

She has a decent number of wounds, a good Df, and an ability similar to Proper Manners, I think she will be somewhat difficult, but by no means impossible to put down. She is, as is indicated by the fact she has a name, unique however, so I think only Yan Lo will be able to re-summon her if she is killed, as she has a 40mm base Molly can't summon her, which I'm sure was intended.

Typo I ment lunge.

Yeah Lunge is great.. especially when you think their Wall of Steel is going to stop them in the perfect position for them to be lunged at.. and even if it doesn't, you can still walk and lunge for the (2) AP a normal model would have sent on their Charge.

Also the model will not out pase the rest of the crew lending to a moving spear wall with a big bad or 2 behind them to lend sapport where it is needed. This in could be a very solid movement stratagy.

or you can put a very saportive model there and protect them.

You mean like Toshiro standing behind buffing them.........naturally - it's not even an action. Oh, and doesn't Izamu have 'Shove Aside'?

You mean like Toshiro standing behind buffing them.........naturally - it's not even an action. Oh, and doesn't Izamu have 'Shove Aside'?

I love the act that the current model set, as far as I can tell, seems to have this great Samurai phalanx synergy for improved mobility. I'm not a Ressur player but I'm so glad to see them get such a significant boost this round.

I'm stoked to get Yin for my Seamus crew - giving him anaethema and willpower lowering seems pretty great for disruption, and ... I prefer to have him surrounded by ladies, with bodies or not

There's a joke about Yin giving great head in here somewhere, but I'm about a half-glass of absinthe too far gone to eloquently make it right now.

Well, Toshiro seems really awesome even without an extra action thanks to a lot of his tricks being passive. Yin sounds more dicie, Toshiro doesn't really need to be in the front, his "holly crap what?" melee buff can let him be a bit more to the back and be cool. Yin on the other hand sounds like a psycological nightmare, but if her shenanigans don't go through, she will drop quick. Will have to see how her tricks work and if when she gives out anathema.

Seeing how people say she feels like she should have an extra action, I'm hoping she is a 7 stone critter. May just do wonders for Avatar seamus and Molly lists that go for terror bombing.

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

Do we have any info on Yan Lo? Guy seems to be the Mystery Man.

Much thanks to all for posting up info on the new Resurrectionist. Looks like time to start working on those proxies until they are released. Funny thing, after all the talk about Yin, found this movie listed in a Cracked article. It is movie called Mystics in Bali, and it is about a pennagalan. Google it and chek it out.