Storm of Shadows - Arcanists Spoiler Thread

Nephalumps

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, most of the images are on the banner ad or wallpapers. At least they're not posting the full stats.

Actually, they stats for Toshiro and the Ashigaru have already been posted in a couple of threads.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?34433-Some-Resser-love!

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?34426-Storm-of-Shadows-Resurrectionists-Spoiler-Thread

I've picked them up in the spoiler thread to keep everything centralized, but if Ratty wants me to edit them out and give out vague spoilers I have no problem with it.

Have 3 questions that came to mind regarding Mei Feng's crew:

1.) Does anyone in the crew make use of scrap counters? (I think they use only burning tokens.)

2.) Do rail workers drop scrap counters? (I think I read that they are treated like constructs for effect purposes but really aren't. So I doubt they do. But im not 100%.)

3.) Do rail workers have a rarity? (Not sure on this one. :s)

Thanks!

Quick question, as I don't see the details anywhere here, but what is Kang's base size? I'm ordering some scenic bases for the Rail Crew (in case my model railroad track idea doesn't pan out), and it would be nice to know if I had to get any 40mms or just stick with 10mms and a few 50mms for the Rail Golem and Willie.

Quick question, as I don't see the details anywhere here, but what is Kang's base size? I'm ordering some scenic bases for the Rail Crew (in case my model railroad track idea doesn't pan out), and it would be nice to know if I had to get any 40mms or just stick with 10mms and a few 50mms for the Rail Golem and Willie.

ratty posted in the gencon official list post:

Mei Feng - 30mm

Emberling - 30mm

Kang - 40mm

Metal Gamin - 30mm

Rail Golem - 50mm

Rail Workers - 30mm

Willie - 50mm

But If I understand correctly you won't be able to take Arcanist models when you take ten thunders models from another faction.

Yes (although it looks like Mei will be able to hire all the new stuff whatever faction she is playing in so Willie, Rail Golem and Metal Gamin and maybe some other stuff can be used with her even when she is used as a Ten Thunders Master)

According to the Ten Thunders forum, if you are using a dual-faction master as a 10T master, there are certain out-of-faction models you can hire, depending on your master's fluff. So, if you have declared 10T as your faction and are playing Mei Feng as your master, you can use any pure 10T minion, like the Ten Thunder Archers or Ototo, any dual-faction 10T minions, like Mr. Tannen or the Oiran, at no extra cost (since they are 10T, and that's all that matters), and a few fluffy extras, like the Rail Golem (I'm just speculating on that one; the thread has few specifics). The book has a rubric that spells it all out, but the core concept isn't hard to wrap one's brain around.

From what I've read, though, I think that if you play Mei Feng as an Arcanist master, she has to stick with her cover, and functions just like a regular Arcanist crew leader, with all the normal restrictions and suchlike.

But If I understand correctly you won't be able to take Arcanist models when you take ten thunders models from another faction.

There are several Arcanist models that Mei can always take no matter what. Since the Traps are dual-faction, they qualify as a 10T minion that can be hired by any master running as 10T. So, Mei can declare herself 10T and hire her Arcanist friends and any models with the 10T alignment she wants.

Now, there are some Arcansit models she wouldn't be able to take. For instance, she couldn't run with Kaeris if she was acting as a 10T master, but she could still take some Gamin and the Rail Golem, because her rules say she can.