Pandora Vs Perdita

Flyingwhale

Question

22 answers to this question

. Perdita does not have to take the defensive wp tests to target her however.

What would be considered a defensive wp test

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

What would be considered a defensive wp test

Nevermind... you already answered that

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Oh and I beat him twice.

See the Unseen has no effect on Pandora targeting Perdita. Pandora needs to be within 12 to remove Immune to Influence with the Box Opens, and See the Unseen lets Perdita ignore Pandora's Emotional Trauma. So if you're close enough to target Perdita with spells, then she's close enough to walk forward and shoot through your DF2.

See the Unseen has no effect on Pandora targeting Perdita. Pandora needs to be within 12 to remove Immune to Influence with the Box Opens, and See the Unseen lets Perdita ignore Pandora's Emotional Trauma. So if you're close enough to target Perdita with spells, then she's close enough to walk forward and shoot through your DF2.

See the Unseen ignores Expose Fears, not Emotional Trauma. Emotional Trauma should work just fine on Perdita, provided she's within 12" of Pandora and capable of being forced to make a Wp duel at all.

Edit: You're also absolutely correct that if Pandora is within 12" in Perdita, she is not long for this world.

Edited by thebarbalag
addition

Honestly, I see only one chance playing against Perdita,

keep your crows, and force her to run,

Mental Anguish, 'dita falls back, and then you (0) out of sight of Perdita, 'dita activates, and then very next chance (0) in, force fall back, (0) out.

When a Model falls back, they cannot move, and thus, cannot get her in sight :)

See the Unseen ignores Expose Fears, not Emotional Trauma. Emotional Trauma should work just fine on Perdita, provided she's within 12" of Pandora and capable of being forced to make a Wp duel at all.

Edit: You're also absolutely correct that if Pandora is within 12" in Perdita, she is not long for this world.

My bad, got the names backwards.

Just out of curiosity, Why wouldn't Pandora's "The Box Opens" remove BOTH Perdita's "Immune to Influence" AND "See the Unseen" as both are abilities that give immunity to Wp Duels??

For Example; Perdita & Pandora are 8" apart in the open, Perdita activates and wants to shoot Pandora. Perdita is within Pandora's "The Box Opens" AoE which I BELIEVE would cause Perdita to lose BOTH StU & I2I... thereby causing Perdita to make a Wp check to target Pandora, and take a Wd from "Emotional Trauma" if she failed...

Is it strictly because Pandora's TBO states "... immunities ..." and there is not the word "immunity" in Perdita's StU... Like I said, just curious... I'm a new Perdita player and Pandora is quite popular in my Mali scene so I'm sure I will run into this scenario quite frequently...

Thanks in Advance!!

So you're saying that because StU says "... IGNORE... any duels ..." that Pandora's TBO doesn't apply because it states "... lose any IMMUNITIES ..." ??? and not say something like "lose any Talents" ???

Bingo. (Perdita is supposed to be the hard counter to the Neverborn, after all. Wouldn't do her much good to have that ability if it just vanished when she needs it most.)

It's funny, I keep falling back on Hoffman as my anti-Neverborn, based him and his merry crew of constructs being generally I2I. I mean, I've had good experiences with Perdita in the role, but it just seems like a reasonable match, though it does also often involve going toe to toe with some nasty melee combatants.

It's funny, I keep falling back on Hoffman as my anti-Neverborn, based him and his merry crew of constructs being generally I2I.

Perdita with some constructs might be cool for fighting Neverborn, actually. The main things I would really want Perdita on the board for are her Spellbreaker (for the Voodoo Doll's irritating irresistible Conduit ability, she brings an irresistible way to lift it, with a range that has a hope of hitting the Doll) and See the Unseen (as mentioned, allows her to get at Pandora, something most models have some issue with.) She's also I2I herself. Not to mention her survivability. Bring a Guardian and the Effigy, and she'd probably just never die.