Viruk's paintlog

Viruk

Thanks for the positive feedback, much appreciated. Samael's a fantastic mini so that helped a lot with painting. Next up are the new Witchling Stalkers. So far only bases done but I'm pretty busy this week so I'll probably paint them up next week. After that it's 'Dita and her family :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really like your Nino. 

I mean this by no offence, as I love your painting, but the pose on Santiago looks like he's having a hissyfit and chomping around with his legs "Then I wont shoot anyone anymore! Why is Franc always the favourite!" :D

• Like 2

Nino came out really well. I like the tinting on the leather coat - it's funny how often leather coats are painted just brown or black when you could actually go with very interesting shades there.

Santiago is also very nice - I especially like the contrast brought by the red scarf and the vest looks really great - the texture you've brought it looks very authentic. Though I must note that somehow the cactus and his pose and expression create a strange association of him having stepped on it and now yelling in pain while adjusting his stride... I'm guessing it's mostly the angle of the photo, though.

Oh, and that's a nice set of scenery! I especially like the high number of fences - they are extremely nice terrain from gaming perspective offering lots of tactical possibilities. You don't seem to have much severe terrain however. We've been using quite a bit of that lately and it has really added a new dimension to the game - highly recommended.

• Like 1

Thank you for the feeaback, I always enjoy reading comments on my wpork, especially when it's constructive like yours. I agree about Santiago - he looks slightly comical now but I thought that would go well with the weird west theme :)

Good point about severe terrain too, I'll need to think about it in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I must have mixed up the links while writing this post.

I don't think I'll be entering anything. Haven't painted anything special recently so I guess I'll pass. But I'm still going to follow the contest with keen interest :)

Yeah, I've recently played a game against Lynch and his style simply doesn't suit me. Or I simply enjoy playing Perdita too much :) Also, I just can't get over my dislike for HD's miniature. And also, I've recently had to make a few unplanned purchases and need funds to improve he balance on my credit card ;)

Thanks for the comments. I actually thought that the orangish shade might add more variety but after reading Math's comment I think I may just repaint it to keep things more coherent.

Anyway, here's my latest mini. I hadn't originally planned to enter a Wyrd painting contest at Wamp but I had so much fun working on this mini that I decided to give it a go. There are some really nicely detailed elements here, his face is particularly well sculpted.

wamp_entry.jpg

• Like 2