Introduce Yourself

Justin

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

My name is Scott. I heard about Malifaux through the D6G quite some time ago. But I didn't start looking into it until 40K got too expensive for me. I recently ordered the Lady Justice crew and a Seamus crew. I heard somewhere they were great for starters and a fun match. Sadly I haven't played yet (Models should be in any day now!) but after watching countless battle reports and doing much research I was intrigued enough to pick up the boxes. I am very excited to get started painting and playing the game. Later on I plan to pick up the Dreamer and C. Hoffman because those and Lady J were the sets which initially grabbed my attention.

If anyone lives in Southern California and wants to play a match let me know! My local friendly game store closed down and I don't know where to go to play. (Aside from my friends who I am slowly grabbing their attention one by one towards Malifaux muahahahaha!)

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I found Joeyfaux on youtube to be very helpful in showing me a bit more about what Malifaux is about. Also this was a helpful site I came across: http://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/Gathering+Supplies

Evenin all,

I'm new to Malifaux... as in I haven't bought a single model or rulebook yet, but I'm well and truly obsessed already! So far I've pretty much got a head full of enthusiasm, ideas, and questions but not much else.

With M2E just around the corner I'm figuring on lurking around the shadows until I can learn the game properly. Might grab some models and get painting before that though. I'm not even sure how to settle on which crew to use - there are so many great choices! I'm leaning towards either Neverborn or Resurrectionists to start with. Great flavor, cool models. Pandora, Zoraida, or Nicodem are the front runners for me right now.

See y'all around!

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings All from an English gamer

From ancient Eygptians and Romans to the Red Baron and on to Spaceships (Firestorm Armada and BFG) via Freebooters and Bloodbowl, I have arrived at Mailfaux with Neverborn(Lilith) and a lot of Gremlins (Love the Pigapault).

Looking forward to the 2nd Ed rules as I am a bit slow at getting through the current rules.

Cheers,

AngryHobbit

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I am new 'round here, a friend of a friend suggested I check out Malifaux and I found a copy of the M2E beta rules last week. I have played 3 or so games as I learn and teach it to some friends. I do a lot of gaming in all respects but prefer table top games(PnP RPG's, board games and miniatures games) and played Warhammer games for around 6 years a good while ago. Moved countries and now starting to get settled in and reawaken my love of miniatures games. I guess I also played a very minimal amount of Warmachine when it first came out.

Planning on making my first purchases next week at Gen Con and can't wait to get some actual mini's painted and on the table. Hopefully I will be able to hit up some games at my LGS even though I am not seeing much in stock for Malifaux at any of the ones I go to.

Hey everyone,

My buddy Gyouza got me hooked on Malifaux just last week with the vassal module. So now I am looking forward to buying up a couple starter sets of the M2e at gencon.

I am an avid gamer of both the video and board game variety. I have a little bit of warhammer and DnD experience but I tend to focus more on board and card games.

maybe see some of you there at gencon

Hello all, just discovered malifaux (I know I've been bidding in a cave). But before I investa good portion of my wages I wanted to see if there were any players in or near burton on trent/derby area. Thanks very much

Hiya Im the local henchman for Derby and the just north of derby. A few of us play Malifaux at the Derby Wargames Society (myself on a thursday night)

http://derbywargamessociety.com/clubnights/

The club is based in Allenton on the south side of Derby and not far from the A50, so very easy to reach from Burton by car. Also their is a regular Bus route directly outside the venue.

Ill probably be running a 2nd edition playtest in the next few weeks or so

we also have a facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/DerbyWargamesSociety/

(I'm Will Lambert)

There was an Henchman in Burton but I havent heard or seen from him in a while :(

Anyway welcome to these boards and make yourself at home :)

Feel free to PM me here on on Facebook

Edited by Pierowmaniac

Hi guys, I am brand new and from Nuneaton in the west midlands area. i am looking for a henchman to help me out as i am struggling with the rules on my own ( a bit of 'play and see' needed i think ) i am a familiar wargamer so shouldnt struggle... lemme know if you can be a saviour and get me started on this awesome journey!! Danke Schon

Scott

Hi, I'm James

I just got my first starter box set for Ramos and am waiting for the new rule book to be released. I got a go of it when the henchmen ran a demo at my local store an i found the whole card and cheating fate is such a nice change from other war games.

Hello, my name is Von, and I have never been an alcoholic. Psych!

I've always sort of liked Wyrd's models but I've never been keen on buying things just to own. Then some people wanted me to run a Goblin-based Pathfinder game, so I bought the Lacroix family, and since I had the models anyway I decided to try some Malifaux.

Still have no idea what I'm doing. Can't actually pronounce 'Lacroix' either (is it rhotacism or am I just too British?). Still thinking about a tournament outing next year. I must be mad...

Still have no idea what I'm doing. Can't actually pronounce 'Lacroix' either (is it rhotacism or am I just too British?). Still thinking about a tournament outing next year. I must be mad...

Welcome! The UK tournament scene is very welcoming. Hope you get to join us soon! *grin*