Bleached Models - My Ongoing Malifaux Projects [Heavy on Images]

I may have some spare ones laying around. Not sure though. I still have lots of puppets. lol

The green pigs are a result of the orange skin my Gremlins have. Since the original pinkish flesh tone for them is too similar to the orange one, I figured I would need something else. Brown was my first choice but I opted against it as I already had so much brown in my color scheme. Since my swamp bases have a greenish brown muck look to them, I figured a dark green would be optimal. Pigs like mud, so sitting around in mud, being green would enable them to blend in more and be safer from predators or able to hunt down food easier. :P

Don't let him fool you. Green Eggs and Ham...

Mmmmm. Eggs and ham.

Very expressive face on your Zoraida.

Gremlin+piglet puppets look grrrreat!

Imagine being the only sane individual amongst a horde of tiny drunk creatures. xD

Well I know he has a War Rooster so the Green Eggs should also be available.

My eggs are actually golden. :3

My chickens purple.

Hell no! Didn't even bother. The lighting dulled out the miniature's details and paint jobs very harshly. I will have to do it with a professional camera from work sometime soon.

Also I do have a family photo sans the above models:

20131005_113421_zps101bf754.jpg

What kind of material do you use for the swampland in your bases? I'm assuming cork, but if you could give a little detail into what kind/manufacturer and where you get it, that would be awesome.

I've used the Wyrd swamp bases for my Somer crew, but that's going to get expensive fast with all the new Gremlin stuff coming down the pipe. So I want to do something kind of along the lines of what you've done here.

Thanks!

What kind of material do you use for the swampland in your bases? I'm assuming cork, but if you could give a little detail into what kind/manufacturer and where you get it, that would be awesome.

I've used the Wyrd swamp bases for my Somer crew, but that's going to get expensive fast with all the new Gremlin stuff coming down the pipe. So I want to do something kind of along the lines of what you've done here.

Thanks!

Without stealing thunder from EvilBleachman might I suggest a good look at this site to create your own Swamp Bases. Fairly easy, fairly cheap and usually more realistic looking than the pre-mades (this is how I have done all of my gremlin bases).

Without stealing thunder from EvilBleachman might I suggest a good look at this site to create your own Swamp Bases. Fairly easy, fairly cheap and usually more realistic looking than the pre-mades (this is how I have done all of my gremlin bases).

Thanks for the suggestion, I may go with this. Seems pretty similar to how I made my board's swamp terrain.

OHNOES1 MAH THUNDURS!!!!

Anyway, to answer the question:

I purchased a 1' by 1' 6mm thick cork plate and rip it to tiny pieces for the models to stand on. I add some tiny rocks to the mix with white glue mixed in between so they cluster up. I prime my models brown so the cork chunk is automatically 'painted' for my purposes. I then paint the soupy and watery areas with a dark green and swirl in some light green and yellow for funky chunky stuffs. Then I paint the rocks a dark grey tone and highlight with a light grey tone. I dry brush tad bit of the cork with the same green and yellow tones I made the swirley whirlies out of. I wash the sucker with this mucky and nasty looking wash (can't recall the name right now). I let it dry.

Varnish it afterwards and glue on some orange reeds and some leaves and other little scenic stuff. Then I add water effects and its done. :)

Simple and really easy to do with hardly any effort. ^^

And the finished models. At the moment I am working on some Infinity models for a change. After that two Waldgeists! Tell me what you think! :)

20131028_135914_zpsb85cfebb.jpg

20131028_140128_zpsfc0bdfac.jpg

20131028_135944_zpsa42231f2.jpg

20131028_140111_zps6095998d.jpg

20131028_140034_zpse35c8dfc.jpg

20131028_140051_zpsbb67a7c4.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

Failed. Just now noticed I have forgotten to paint Zoraida's bracelet. >_<

I will paint them orange. Cause. lol

Very nice work on these. The painting is excellent and the bases look awesome too. Those semi-submerged leaves are a really nice touch.

Thank you. :D

flipflops, hoochie shorts, orange skin..... does that goblin live on the jersey shore? she would fit right in.

as usual your painting and basing is superb. very nice.

Not the Jersey Shore from the states but the Bayou Gurzee Shore to the west of Malifaux. Ayup!

I can see the resemblence LOL

Britney Spears Singer June 2000 in scene from music video Baby One More Time-1134503

Oops, you did it again!

I love your painting! I also don't think I have ever seen that much orange used. I think my orange paint bottles are feeling neglected by comparison....

I am also very impressed with how much detail you are getting out of those model in hand pictures. What kind of camera are you using? Is that so you don't have to set up any kind of backdrop?

So what are you working on next?

I love your painting! I also don't think I have ever seen that much orange used. I think my orange paint bottles are feeling neglected by comparison....

I am also very impressed with how much detail you are getting out of those model in hand pictures. What kind of camera are you using? Is that so you don't have to set up any kind of backdrop?

So what are you working on next?

Orange is my favorite color. Most of my models will contain it in some way. :)

I am just using my ****ty phone and ****ty lighting to take the photos. lol

No secret to it. xD

At the moment I have three Infinity models on the table to paint. After them I will do two Waldgeists for Zoraida and some sculpting for other Gremlin models. :)