Bleached Models - My Ongoing Malifaux Projects [Heavy on Images]

Did someone say something about how awesome the Denver Broncos are?!!??

Oh yes, Peterdita approves of this thread, and the Broncos paintjobs.

GO BRONCOS!

Yes!!! lol

Though, the ties to football were originally made by Omenbringer. :P

Besides that I am currently engaged in an awesome threesome with two very lovely ladies. I like the models each so much I just couldn't decide which one to paint first, so I decided to go for both at the same time. I am definitely man enough for the job. ;D

The first lady is going to be the grand master herself: Colette

20130519_132913_zps5524038d.jpg

20130519_132933_zpsbf29b5d1.jpg

I swear I have seen this image somewhere before. :P

What I did different on her hair is I went for a more brown look to it than the prior Colette version. I also decided to pick out stronger highlights for funsies. I really like the outcome. Terrible photography conceals a bit of the actual look, so sorry about that. :P

20130519_132952_zpsd14eebf8.jpg

20130519_133014_zps82cc898b.jpg

I wanted to go for a ginger look on Cassandra. Don't ask me why but I always just had a feeling she would look great that way. So I went for the whole freckle and red hair thing. Again the photos do not show that much of the detail, but still I am content with the results. Also, by the way, freckles are a pain to paint. lol

I started painting them at the same time and gave them each the same base coat and shade of flesh tone to start out with. Ccolette got my usual mix with bone color and Cassandra got elf flesh instead. I wanted her to have a more lighter and natural skin tone (to go with the whole ginger pale skin thing). I am really glad with the results. The skin tones appear similar but do vary quite a bit.

Tell me what you think! :)

Thanks for the input! I would be strongly against larger spots/freckles as it would then look too unnatural. Technically the ones I have are already too big, scale wise. I think making them bigger would make her look like she has some kind of skin disease. o.o

I actually like her shoulders/arms. Quite a few freckled people have lots of freckles on their bodies.

Hahah yeah absolutely, I get what you mean. what I was really trying to get at was the freckles look perfect on the face and still slightly much on the body, on a second look the frequency of the spots are fine but maybe the tone of the spots can be lighter? :)

On the other hand, you could always paint her dress and see how the whole thing looks. Currently with the dress being just undercoat the eye focuses on the spots too much possibly

Thanks for the input! I would be strongly against larger spots/freckles as it would then look too unnatural. Technically the ones I have are already too big, scale wise. I think making them bigger would make her look like she has some kind of skin disease. o.o

I actually like her shoulders/arms. Quite a few freckled people have lots of freckles on their bodies.

I got what he meant, larger patches of freckles, but smaller scale for each individual freckle...There has to be an easy way to get that kind of look at this scale.

I definitely love the idea of a ginger Cassandra.

Haha i know how you feel about the freckles. Im painting an SS comany in peadot camo which is pain staking to say the least. At least its only on 15mm scale but is still have another 80 or so models to go lol :P

Onto the girls, they are looking fantastic already. Collettes hair is especially nice :)

Cant wait to see the girls when there finished!

Thanks! :D

I am done with freckles. lol

I got a project that wil require camo work soon as well... so yeah. >_<

Here's an update on the two girls.

20130520_100156_zps90d6e71d.jpg

20130520_100217_zps8e07e0e1.jpg

Colette got her white top hat and jacket with a flare of blues here and there. She is pretty much done as such, just missing her dress in a nice and vibrant apple orange. I am really pleased with her outcome thus far. Oddly If I kept the dress in gray this color scheme actually looks really nice as it stands. But I need my fix. So orange it be!

20130520_100235_zpsdfb70b93.jpg

20130520_100250_zps2016309d.jpg

Cassie is pretty blue today. I really like her dress and I also really dislike it. It is simple and elegant, which is awesome. BUt also rather dull to paint. This is probably why a lot of painters (including original paint job) add stripes or some other medium to make it pop out more. I will pass on this. I do like the subtlety of it enough to enjoy the massive blueness of her dress as is.

Tell me what you think!

Colette is looking fantastic. I think you're going to have to finish the rest of Casandra before I can finalize an opinion on the dress. At the moment there isn't enough depth in the shadows for me and so it looks like it's only been basecoated. Once the rest of the model is done it may come together. (Not that I could do any better, or even as well! :) )

Those skin tones are very life-like, you've done some really good painting there. I agree that Colette looks good with the white dress. If you could replicate the colour on her hat I would be a very jealous painter, as I find white to be an extremely awkward colour to work with. Also, I share Big Ned's awe of your stocking painting.

I'm loving the original colour scheme for Colette and Cassie, I can't wait to see them done.

And the way you paint stockings fills me with bitter, bitter jealousy. :)

Thanks! They actually are done now. :D

I did mess up Colette's a wee bit. It still isn't too difficult to do, just takes time.

Those skin tones are very life-like, you've done some really good painting there. I agree that Colette looks good with the white dress. If you could replicate the colour on her hat I would be a very jealous painter, as I find white to be an extremely awkward colour to work with. Also, I share Big Ned's awe of your stocking painting.

The white was really easy. I used GW's Celestra Grey and lightened it up with pure white. The hat has maybe 6 or 7 layers of paint + final edge highlight. Takes time but looks great with whites.

All I really did was copy Mako's avice on painting stockings. He has a tutorial in some magazine with that one showgirl he painted up. But I did pester him in private about it from time to time. :P

Here's Cassie! I am really pleased with her! The ginger experiment went well, in my opinion.

post-10280-13911929521179_thumb.jpg

And here is Colette! I am in love! <3

post-10280-13911929520843_thumb.jpg

I got more pictures in my blogpost! Also a show off between my old Colette and my new Colette. :D