Which Outcasts Models to take, why and how much SS it will cost me?

dunce002917

Hey guys,

I have all the Guild's masters (box sets) except for Lucius.

I'm currently making my next order which includes:

2 Guild Austringers

2 pairs of Guild Hounds

1 Executioner

I read up on the Desperate Mercenaries and figured it could be a cheap way to get 2 extra Witchling Stalkers for Sonnia plus at 2 ss, it's a cheap way to get more models in play.

So right now, I'm deciding whether to include the Desperate Mercenaries (both the make and female) into my order. What else should I get from the Outcasts faction? Or should I just stay pure Guild?

Von Schill is a very good Henchman - grabbing the Freikorps boxset can be a good idea.

Sue can be useful to give you some Wp control.

And yes, desperate mercs all the way! Faster than your average guild human, cheap, ranged attack which becomes stronger when it takes damage, and a ton of other things make it the best investment of 2SS you could have - barring some totems.

Von Schill is a very good Henchman - grabbing the Freikorps boxset can be a good idea.

Sue can be useful to give you some Wp control.

And yes, desperate mercs all the way! Faster than your average guild human, cheap, ranged attack which becomes stronger when it takes damage, and a ton of other things make it the best investment of 2SS you could have - barring some totems.

I will check Von Schill and Sue out.

Thanks.

Big fan of the convict gunslinger, yes he brings shooting to an already shooting oriented crew. BUT the main difference is that he can also mix it up in close combat with zero change in effectiveness.

And he doesn't care about Terrifying, which can be very useful. How could I forget him? Convict Gunslinger ftw, of course :)

Forget sue, not very good merc. First get lucius, he makes a lot pf your crews better, and can make sone mercs amazing. Try tailor with Lucius and student, you have a beast in melee.

Lucius

Student

Tailor

Von Schill

Desperate Mercs

Convict

Are all solid mercs, can imagine including any others. the first two models on the list are a must.

Von Schill wins you games by himself. I use him a lot in my guild crews (and I have basically all guild models to date).

Desperate Mercs are great, but I only use one.

Convict Gunslinger is a good model, but I don't use him all the time.

Jack Daw is great for strategies/schemes were you have to kill masters/henchmans or big models (just never take him against Leveticus or Collette).

Hamelin is fun to play, but situational.

I still don't think Sue justifies it's cost in a Guild crew, unless you know you are playing Pandora/Zoraida, but I have to play him more.

I am having a ton of fun with McTavish. It grew on me a lot.

How do you do that with the Viks in a brawl?

basically

- Use the Student to make one Vik Fast (stand the other anywhere)

- The drill sergeant to issue commands to move Lucius up and keep him safe by linking to him for that bonus +2 Df,

- Activate Lucius double walk (for a total of 15" ahead of your deployment zone) and cast reinforcements on the fast Vik who is now 19/20" ahead of where she started, do anything you want with his last Ap

- The Vik is now allowed to activate just outside the enemy deployment zone (or among the enemy) she has 3Ap + melee expert and she can pull her sister to her for a (1) action.

- The other vik can also go nuts

works very well with Fast Justice (obviously for a few massive Cb and high damage attacks) and the Turbo Judge (Judge with Fast(student)+Melee expert(Justice)+bonus attack flips(Drill sergeant)+3 random masks for bullets and blades/ blades and bullets) he churns out 7 attacks with less damage but its 7 attacks!

basically

- Use the Student to make one Vik Fast (stand the other anywhere)

- The drill sergeant to issue commands to move Lucius up and keep him safe by linking to him for that bonus +2 Df,

- Activate Lucius double walk (for a total of 15" ahead of your deployment zone) and cast reinforcements on the fast Vik who is now 19/20" ahead of where she started, do anything you want with his last Ap

- The Vik is now allowed to activate just outside the enemy deployment zone (or among the enemy) she has 3Ap + melee expert and she can pull her sister to her for a (1) action.

works very well with Fast Justice (obviously for a few massive Cb and high damage attacks) and the Turbo Judge (Judge with Fast(student)+Melee expert(Justice)+bonus attack flips(Drill sergeant)+3 random masks for bullets and blades/ blades and bullets) he churns out 7 attacks with less damage but its 7 attacks!

That is awesome. I might have to look over and see if I can transfer that into a regular game with the Viks. Without Lucius or the Drill Sergeant of course...lol

I've never understood the Convict Gunslinger with Guild crews. Just seems like you can get a better Guild model for less stones that does the same thing(with the exception of suppressive fire which can be useful, I am thinking it might be good against Hamelin crews).

Sue I have not tested enough to know if hes really great with them. Desperate Mercs and Von Schill are both very good

Edited by nilus

basically

surely the (1) action to pull vik no.2 is pointless, reinforcements is a spell and so if you effect one vik the otherone could be affected as well?

im not 100% as i play niether viks nor lucius but I see that as a nice way to get 5 seperate AP from the viks, the exception being if you gave the paired masamune vik fast and used the other vik to swap her into melee allready for some squishy goodness...

(If your brawling try this but with the Viks instead of Taelor - that's one crazy slingshot)

When you write this list up do you count Viks and Lucius as a Master? And thus Lucius would cost no SS?

Otherwise how are the viks able to hire him?

Also in regards to Von Schill and Lucius being in the same list: Can a Henchman as a master(Lucuis) hire a Merc Henchman (Von Schill)? If Lucius were in a Lady J list could she simultaneously hire Von Schill?

When you write this list up do you count Viks and Lucius as a Master? And thus Lucius would cost no SS?

Otherwise how are the viks able to hire him?

Also in regards to Von Schill and Lucius being in the same list: Can a Henchman as a master(Lucuis) hire a Merc Henchman (Von Schill)? If Lucius were in a Lady J list could she simultaneously hire Von Schill?

The Viks can't hire him directly. You'd have to be playing a Brawl with a Guild Master who hired Lucius and also hired the Viks (giving up a further 10 SS to do so). This is never going to happen in an actual game.

You can't hire Lucius and Von Schill because they're of different Special Forces, and you can have only one type of Special Forces in your crew.

Last time I ran that style list it was a 55ss brawl

Lady justice w/student

Lucius w/drill sergeant

-Viks w/student

Judge

Guard Captain

2 x austringers

9ss pool

must say the strategy was a single destroy evidence against aRamos/ Levi and their claim jump

turn 1 Ramos was dead (I made both viks fast and slung them up... ) and levi was taken off the board

@shut up I forgot a spell can affect both, so you can bring both fast viks up and each still has 3 general ap and a +1 melee expert :P

great part is you still have justice and judge waiting for the next jump or 2 fast autringers for some good shooting... This 'kill everything by turn 3' tactic has done me good so far with my guild in tournaments